Any Hunters Among Us?

• HTML tutorial

BensonSTW

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Sitting in camp that night reminiscing and looking through scouting pictures and hunt pictures I got 1 more surprise.
19BD3DDA-07B5-4D27-BD34-C62AA30951A4.jpeg
this is a picture of the first 2 rams I posted on this site. My wife and I spotted them on July 19th. The bedded ram is the pretty ram I would have shot. The standing ram, the biggest ram in the group, will be hanging on my wall in 6-8 months.

307dulaney

Rank VI

Advocate III

Wyoming, USA
First Name
Austin
Last Name
Dulaney
Member #

As I walked up on him, I realized I had just shot the biggest ram I had seen all summer. While waiting for for my family to join me, every emotion possible hit me. My uncle, my dads brother, had passed away five years earlier. He was the hardest hunting man I had ever met and loved sheep hunting. At his funeral we were all given a vial of his ashes to spread where we wanted. I stated on that day that I would be saving mine until I could take him sheep hunting. So after the mandatory photo session, with my dad standing there, I finally got to spread my uncles ashes. The field care and pack out were brutal but completely worth it. It’s a day I will never forget. Some photos I will share. Others are for family enjoyment only. My apologies for that. View attachment 209212
View attachment 209213
Holy crap congratulations! He’s a bruiser!!!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
As I walked up on him, I realized I had just shot the biggest ram I had seen all summer. While waiting for for my family to join me, every emotion possible hit me. My uncle, my dads brother, had passed away five years earlier. He was the hardest hunting man I had ever met and loved sheep hunting. At his funeral we were all given a vial of his ashes to spread where we wanted. I stated on that day that I would be saving mine until I could take him sheep hunting. So after the mandatory photo session, with my dad standing there, I finally got to spread my uncles ashes. The field care and pack out were brutal but completely worth it. It’s a day I will never forget. Some photos I will share. Others are for family enjoyment only. My apologies for that. View attachment 209212
View attachment 209213
Very nice indeed!
Well Done!

Reactions: BensonSTW

BensonSTW

Rank III

Enthusiast III

I can’t believe nobody else has a hunting story to tell this year. The last month was pretty busy for me as I had 2 more hunts to help on. My wife’s 91 year old grandfather had a deer tag this year. We offered to take him for a week. The hunt was a lot more challenging than I thought it would be. He has degenerative eye sight loss, has a disabled liscense, and walking very far was out of the question. On day four we found him a little buck in place we could get him to. He made his shot count. The only depressing part of the hunt was when he said it was probably going to be his last deer hunt. I hate to think that’s true.
Also got to tag along on my nephews first deer hunt. He had 2 opportunities. A pretty good 4 point that was farther away than he’d ever shot. Little guy walked over five miles that day in some brutal country. Also had a chance at a 3 point at about 30 yards with no clear shot. Super proud of him for not taking a shot he wasn’t comfortable with. He learned a lot and is already talking about next year. I can’t wait to go with him again next year.

RickR

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler II

San Antonio, Texas
First Name
Rick
Last Name
R
Member #

Well last year, out at my farm property the deer are so plentiful that my friend and I only hunted from my blind (electric power and everything) for 7 minutes and then well both filled up our licenses. So to recap the first 7 minutes of hunting season were our last for the year...lol

lhoffm4

Rank III

Advocate I

Boise, Idaho
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hoffman
Service Branch
US Navy
Love deer hunting. Grew up in PA but now live in NC. Had a good season this year.
This was the first of three
Brockway/Dubois PA area. Elk, white tail deer, quail, turkey. In Idaho now. Hoping to fill elk, muley, bear and hog tags. Food not trophy...but I wouldn’t pass up a legal trophy kill. Muzzleloader, archery, rifle.

Reactions: Cam_Cam_Tech

BensonSTW

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Cow elk season starts for me on Friday. Hunting Friday through Sunday this week. My first grandson is supposed to be born on Wednesday. That may change my plans a little. But I am definitely ready to be elk hunting. After that it will just be hunting on days off. The area I will be in is dirty steep. With no weather I’m betting the elk will still be up high. This could be like my sheep hunt all over again.

Reactions: 9Mike2

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
Cow elk season starts for me on Friday. Hunting Friday through Sunday this week. My first grandson is supposed to be born on Wednesday. That may change my plans a little. But I am definitely ready to be elk hunting. After that it will just be hunting on days off. The area I will be in is dirty steep. With no weather I’m betting the elk will still be up high. This could be like my sheep hunt all over again.
Man I wish I could make it out west for an Elk Hunt. I've hunted Deer since I was a young boy, I've gotten the chance to do Bear, Hog, Phesant & Dove. But I've always wanted to get an Elk because they are delicious.

Reactions: SS308

BensonSTW

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Man I wish I could make it out west for an Elk Hunt. I've hunted Deer since I was a young boy, I've gotten the chance to do Bear, Hog, Phesant & Dove. But I've always wanted to get an Elk because they are delicious.
They are delicious. Sitting at work right now, listening to the wind blow 100 mph. Temperature has dropped about 30 degrees from yesterday. Get that real cold air in your nose when you step outside. Praying for a foot of snow in the next couple of days. Hoping to see the frost sparkling in the air because it’s single digits when the sun comes up. Getting excited. I can’t wait.

Reactions: SJ.Overland

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
They are delicious. Sitting at work right now, listening to the wind blow 100 mph. Temperature has dropped about 30 degrees from yesterday. Get that real cold air in your nose when you step outside. Praying for a foot of snow in the next couple of days. Hoping to see the frost sparkling in the air because it’s single digits when the sun comes up. Getting excited. I can’t wait.
Making me jealous!

Dorobuta

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Chandler, AZ, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Lovern
Had my first season hunting in Manitoba, just shot my first muzzle-loader buck. Not really any hills here sadly. Also enjoy hunting wild turkey, and grouse. Looking at maybe trying for an elk draw this year.

Also have hunted Hardwood forests in Ontario, and most of Northern BC where I grew up.
My wife has family in Winnipeg, I want to do a bear hunt up there one of these days.

Dorobuta

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Chandler, AZ, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Lovern
Anyone else here like to hunt? What and where do you hunt?

I'm currently in TX so I hunt the hill country a lot. I'm a freezer filler, never cared much about trophies, just want to feed my family with the highest quality free range, grass fed, organic meat I can. Typically hunt dove, white tail, hogs and turkey.
I'm in AZ and love to hunt. Do a mixture of rifle, handgun, and archery hunts for big game.

9Mike2

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Garden Grove, California
Member #

Our group hunts mainly the California Valley Quail, so when we took one of the guys with us on a Pheasant Hunt, he was so use to the jogging birds that when the first Pheasant jumped up he blasted the poor bird only 10 feet out.
And had instant Pheasant burger ,,,I wave my metal detector over it { as a joke} and it lit up like I found a Gold mine...

Reactions: Cam_Cam_Tech