Launch Member

Traveler II

San Antonio, Texas
First Name
Rick
Last Name
R
Member #

Been hunting for many years, I usually go get white tail. I have been hunting on my land for many years and have had a few different blinds. My current blind is a 3 man. My blind now has electricity, glass windows, and is double insinuated (gotta admit it isn't really hunting while in that much comfort). Heck I have even thought about installing cable...lol

I don't keep trophies as I feel it is a morbid decoration, I can kill them, field dress them, de-bone them, process them, cook them and eat them, but I wont drape them on the wall.

I hunt in south Texas south of HWY 90.

Last edited:

kwill

Rank II

Enthusiast III

TX
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Williams
Where do you go in Texas? Been wanting to get a whitetail for a very long time. Have a lot of Blacktail on the ranch here in Northern California. Have a nice Idaho Mule deer, would just like to get a decent Whitetail.
You can kill whitetail deer almost anywhere in TX now. They'll be bigger in east Texas but south Texas is known for bigger racks. There is virtually no public hunting in the state so you'll have to pay to hunt on private land.

Lowranger

Rank II

Enthusiast II

our own private 2k acre ranch in Batesville
Okay, thanks for the reply, thought maybe it was on a ranch where you pay for access to hunt, I understand that. Interested on trading a Blacktail deer hunt on a private 5,000 acre private ranch in Northern California for a Whitetail hunt on your place. Looks like you have some pretty nice bucks there, good gene pool.

Lowranger

Rank II

Enthusiast II

You can kill whitetail deer almost anywhere in TX now. They'll be bigger in east Texas but south Texas is known for bigger racks. There is virtually no public hunting in the state so you'll have to pay to hunt on private land.
I do understand Texas has some pretty good Whitetail, was just wondering which place would be a good place to go. Maybe a reference from someone that went on a ranch that was a good place. How it was, pictures of a buck or two they took.

RJCanyon

Rank V

Member III

California, USA
First Name
Bobby
Last Name
Horne
Member #

Okay, thanks for the reply, thought maybe it was on a ranch where you pay for access to hunt, I understand that. Interested on trading a Blacktail deer hunt on a private 5,000 acre private ranch in Northern California for a Whitetail hunt on your place. Looks like you have some pretty nice bucks there, good gene pool.
maybe in a couple seasons! we aren't where we want to be just yet:grinning:

Sputnik

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alameda, Bay Area, CA
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
H.
Member #

Good for you! What deer zone did you draw? I keep putting in for elk and antelope in California. And once in awhile I put in for X3b for Deer. Still draws :-(
X7A. I’ve actually seen bucks there. My normal D3-5 tag is does or nothing at all mostly.

Overland A Far

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Rocky Mountain House, Alberta
Member #

Our draw results are not out yet. Did manage to get drawn for 3 walleye fish tags in a very productive lake so will be after those shortly. The issue we have with moose hunting are these big furry critters. Ran into 5 in two days and not the least bit afraid. Hoping for another one of these incredible edible critters this fall.

Attachments

Sputnik

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alameda, Bay Area, CA
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
H.
Member #

Good for you! The X zones are pretty good areas. Our A zone archery starts July 11th as you know. I've been getting things ready. Cleared some of the roads Sunday, now just need to sling some arrows at my target in the next week and a half.
X zones are better than average but your private land is likely better than any of the X's. Good luck on your bow hunt.

Shokgoblr

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

PA, USA
First Name
Shok
Last Name
Goblr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ihave1
I am a lifelong hunter. Nowadays I only get out for a few rabbit/pheasant hunts, turkey and coyote. I dont hunt deer. I go on Arizona Coues Deer and Wyoming Elk hunts with my brother every(most) years and help him as a spotter/meat carrier.

Enthusiast III

South Dayton, NY, USA
First Name
Ronald
Last Name
Howard
Member #

Service Branch
USMC 85'-89'
Was out exploring a new area with my son, 6000 acres of private land that I have permission to be on. We did a little muzzle loader hunting that day also....didn't see anything except beautiful scenery.

Attachments

Mtnmn99

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chamberlain, SD, USA
First Name
paul
Last Name
piazza
Member #

20180429_023540071_iOS.jpg

I have been hunting since age 12. Both of my sons enjoy it and continue my traditions. We hunt upland game, Chukar, Pheasant, Quail. We also hunt deer and pig.

Reactions: 64Trvlr and 9Mike2

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign