Any Hunters Among Us?

• HTML tutorial

Widgeonmangh

Rank II

Enthusiast III

I am a duck hunter and I have also started archery deer and elk. Used to hunt deer with a rifle but took the "growing kids up" years off and just focused on waterfowl. Now my son and I pursue the elk and deer with the bow. That is what got me into overlanding. I also have a dog American Water Spaniel. I document all my hunting/fishing adventures on my youtube channel for some great memories. (Northern Tribe Outdoors). It was the dogs first season and she did awesome. Retrieved 60 ducks!

Here is the highlight video from 2018-19 (I was able to capture all the hunts individually but this is some of the highlight reel)

Solid 4.jpg

Jay61

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Leesburg Georgia
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Brimberry
Member #

I am a duck hunter and I have also started archery deer and elk. Used to hunt deer with a rifle but took the "growing kids up" years off and just focused on waterfowl. Now my son and I pursue the elk and deer with the bow. That is what got me into overlanding. I also have a dog American Water Spaniel. I document all my hunting/fishing adventures on my youtube channel for some great memories. (Northern Tribe Outdoors). It was the dogs first season and she did awesome. Retrieved 60 ducks!

Here is the highlight video from 2018-19 (I was able to capture all the hunts individually but this is some of the highlight reel)

View attachment 107911
I hear ya. Funny how using your vehicle to get to out of the way places for hunting and camping is now called overlanding. Back in the day, just called it a hunting trip.

fly boy

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Marin County
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Mazzon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BIF
Yup! I guess its those yuppies and their kids.

RAB

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Chesterfield Township, MI, USA
First Name
Randan
Last Name
Burkall
Member #

View attachment 107911
Looks like a great trip. Hows your dog progressing ?

Widgeonmangh

Rank II

Enthusiast III

She had a great rookie season. Settled in after being a little timid at first, but she got the hang of it. She ended the season having retrieved 60 ducks. She started breaking a bit at the end because she got so excited, but we will fix that. Rather have that problem than not wanting to go! Looking forward to this year!

marlinmonty

Rank 0

Contributor I

S.E. Oklahoma
First Name
warren
Last Name
bauck
The ol eyes aren't what they once were as Im sure others understand . Loved deer hunting with a revolver , sold it and got my first bolt rifle last year . Made my longest shot ever with it the same season I got it . I am a Marlin lever gun guy to the core but honestly outside of a couple that do get used , most are safe queens . Got myself an Excalibur micro 335 1st. gen and always score with it , love that thing . Yes , I like to hunt and watch the wildlife in our rural area .

Reactions: 9Mike2

Sputnik

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alameda, Bay Area, CA
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
H.
Member #

Thanks for reminding me to get this year's license and tag.
I'll have to look in the camp kitchen forum for tag soup recipes; see if there's any I haven't tried yet ;)
CA D3-D5 is appx 11% success rate but its pretty and a good excuse for more back country camping.

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Anyone else here like to hunt? What and where do you hunt?

I'm currently in TX so I hunt the hill country a lot. I'm a freezer filler, never cared much about trophies, just want to feed my family with the highest quality free range, grass fed, organic meat I can. Typically hunt dove, white tail, hogs and turkey.
You Bet! Southern Arizona Coues Deer and/or Mule Deer. Love it!

Reactions: Sputnik and 9Mike2

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)

Monty_moose_gen2

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Vaughan
Member #

I do a fair bit of hunting up here in the PNW. Mule deer and white tail are everywhere . Along with elk, bear, moose, Turkey and loads of game birds.

My next task is getting my daughter more involved in hunting. She's already an excellent fisherman....lol

Attachments