Investor

Creator III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

H60Flyer, sheep? I was looking for Waldo. 7 sheep, You got good eyes. Rubicon2014 great camping spot and view. Not a place to find out that you sleep walk. Great question. What do people do that sleep walk and go camping? Hum? tie themselves to a tree? Dang, now the wheels are turning.

Reactions: Drifterman

H60Flyer

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

NC, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Wolfen
Member #

H60Flyer, sheep? I was looking for Waldo. 7 sheep, You got good eyes. Rubicon2014 great camping spot and view. Not a place to find out that you sleep walk. Great question. What do people do that sleep walk and go camping? Hum? tie themselves to a tree? Dang, now the wheels are turning.
Yea, rolling down a couple thousand foot steep ass mountain would not be fun sleeping or awake! [emoji2]

willlord

Rank III

Contributor III

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Billy
Last Name
Lord
Anyone else here like to hunt? What and where do you hunt?

I'm currently in TX so I hunt the hill country a lot. I'm a freezer filler, never cared much about trophies, just want to feed my family with the highest quality free range, grass fed, organic meat I can. Typically hunt dove, white tail, hogs and turkey.
You and I sound like we have similar hunting goals! Whereabouts in Texas are you? I’m in the Austin area.

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

You and I sound like we have similar hunting goals! Whereabouts in Texas are you? I’m in the Austin area.
I was off of Anderson Mill but we moved to Massachusetts a bit over a year ago. Almost all my hunting was done on a friends ranch in Mason.

willlord

Rank III

Contributor III

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Billy
Last Name
Lord
View attachment 87824

Anyone in the southeast looking forward to turkey season? We never shoot anything (other than the occasional hog), but we always have a blast camping out
Not in the southeast but dang it if I’m not looking for gobblers in every pasture. We had a kid last year right at the beginning of deer season so I missed out on hunting. My bow is getting hungry. :)

Reactions: JungleSkunk and Jkk

JungleSkunk

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Nice! I haven’t shot a wood duck scene I left Minnesota
We didnt see hardly any migrating ducks this year. Being so far south we dont get any mallards. A few teal, pintails, divers, and lots of woodies!

I also hunt the early seasons in Colorado before the freeze up and there are so many more birds on the Colorado river!

I am putting in for archery for the Western Slope of Colorado for both deer and elk tags. Cant wait!

A few shots of years past.
544715_423116584367213_114781889_n.jpg 385634_423116187700586_528159965_n.jpg 318127_423114477700757_1314090585_n.jpg 581129_423114821034056_1401559738_n.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 64Trvlr and 9Mike2

Jkk

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Georgia
Not in the southeast but dang it if I’m not looking for gobblers in every pasture. We had a kid last year right at the beginning of deer season so I missed out on hunting. My bow is getting hungry. :)
Gee congratulations! Perhaps one day they’ll have a hungry bow of their own via their paps.

Reactions: willlord

JungleSkunk

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Bow hunting has to be the purist form of hunting known to man , to stalk and Stalk the beast then take the shot knowing you must make a true arrow count , amazing i need to. Hunt this way before i leave this planet
I love hunting and have done it since I was about 10 years old. My grandfather bought me a single shot 12 gauge when I was about twelve that I still use today on occasion.

After hunting just about every thing or way you can think of over the years I really only prefer two types of hunting now. Bow hunting and wing and clay shooting. I do dabble in hog and deer hunting with shotguns down south but not as much as I used to.

It really isnt about the kill any more and If I dont get a shot all season its cool I just love getting out and stalking animals with a bow. Nothing gets your heart pumping like stalking a deer to just yards to get that one shot youve been waiting for years for.

Waterfowl and wing shooting is totally the opposite. I can go out and sit for a few hours over some decoys not take the hunt too seriously and shoot a few boxes of shells with some friends without too much effort.

I just dont get the same rush rifle hunting any more.