• HTML tutorial

Daryl 32

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Corona, Ca
Member #

And I was thinking that my 15 mpg were good - :disappointed:

Nice build you have going Terry - saw some great modded Subs at overland last year.

This one the owner is an OB Member and I believe he is near Temecula. Has some nice steel bumpers on it and rear has a tire carrier.

sub 1.jpg

sub 2.jpg

Rocky

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Loveland, Colorado
Member #

PHASE 4 was to install the new tires. I was debating in my mind to determine if I wanted the Yokohama AT GO15’s or BFG All-Terrain KO2’s. Well, I have loved the BFG AT’s I have had on 2 previous trucks so I decided to go with them. I went with the same size tire as stock a 225-65 / R17. Installed in mid-May this completed the vehicle so I can really start some serious off-road travel and verify the capabilities of the vehicle. I also bought a full size spare KO2 with a black steel rim, just in case, that for now resides on the roof rack.

View attachment 25459 View attachment 25462 View attachment 25463
How do you like your BFG's?

Reactions: Trail Wonky

Terry Pickens

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Evansville, WY, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Pickens
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTV
How do you like your BFG's?
I love them, I have had sets on all my vehicles for the last 15 years and they have been fantastic. Can feel the heavier tire, but the noise is minimal and traction is outstanding.

Terry Pickens

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Evansville, WY, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Pickens
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTV
Finally deciding to bite the bullet and get a swing out tire carrier. Have you seen any options other than Wilco?

Sent from my Pixel using OB Talk mobile app
I have not, still looking though but will have to make my mind up by the middle of July as I want it on by the time I go to Yellowstone in August.

Reactions: Rocky and WhatTheZo

Rocky

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Loveland, Colorado
Member #

Can I ask where you bought your Wilco at? I have been on the fence to long now to get one. Just not sure if I want the high lift or not, your thoughts would be good.

Thanks for the pictures to, its nice to see different angles of the spare tire carrier.

Terry Pickens

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Evansville, WY, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Pickens
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTV
You have to go on thier web site to see dealers to by it from. I purchased online directly through Wilco. Just go it on yesterday so not much actual drive time with it but it is sturdy, well built and with the wedge anchor it has in the hitch it is pretty roch solid with very minor movement. Hitches are usually pretty loose, this is not. I will be out this next week with it so I'll report how it goes. Today I'll be mounting the license plate where it will be visable.

Reactions: Rocky

Terry Pickens

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Evansville, WY, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Pickens
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTV
IMG_2679.JPG Not at this time, You can see to about 3' from the rear and at the sides. I'll see how it goes first, can always add later. Here is where I mounted the license plate, into the bumper and it is lighted for CHP. Got this done this morning.

Last edited:

Terry Pickens

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Evansville, WY, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Pickens
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTV
Here are the views from the back
IMG_2682.JPG
The black painted line on the garage floor is straight down from the rear of the tire.

IMG_2680.JPG

Terry Pickens

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Evansville, WY, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Pickens
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTV
Which license plate relocation kit did you use? How is the lighting powered?

Sent from my Pixel using OB Talk mobile app
I just picked a bracket with light off Amazon and powered it off the wiring harness for the trailer and grounded it to the frame. It comes on with the headlights just like stock.