Another Snow Run

• HTML tutorial

Byron Eby

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sacramento, CA
Member #

A few of us are making our way up to Uncle Tom's Cabin for a snow run on Sunday, January 15th. Anyone is welcome to tag along and get stuck.

We will be meeting at the *SHELL* in Placerville on Main Street at 0800.

From there we will make our way to Georgetown and take Wentworth Springs Road to Uncle Tom's Cabin.

Whose going?
@O.Dfj
@Truckerbizz
@Mirek
@mmnorthdirections
@Rubilocal
@Michael1929
@prince1990

Last edited:

Truckerbizz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Reno NV
Member #

But i'll meet you in georgetown at Corner Kitchen so im not back tracking after meeting you in Placerville

Cam_Cam_Tech

Rank VI

Pathfinder III

Pleasant Hill, CA
First Name
Camilo
Last Name
Sanchez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6QLZ
Not sure if I'll be able to drive up there before snow melts this year. Have fun everyone!
From last year

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Byron Eby

Slamson00

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Sacramento, CA
Member #

Would love to make it to one of these snow runs but not sure I can get free that day. I will have to monitor this thread and hope for the best.

Is this drive to UTC stock rig friendly?

Cam_Cam_Tech

Rank VI

Pathfinder III

Pleasant Hill, CA
First Name
Camilo
Last Name
Sanchez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6QLZ
Most of the time yes, you can be somewhere on the middle or rear of the pack and follow tithe tracks. Depends on how much snow there is but ya stock and air down you are good.

Try 8-10psi if it's fresh snow, I have been up there once when it was maybe a foot of packed snow and was able to run street pressure.

Slamson00

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Sacramento, CA
Member #

Most of the time yes, you can be somewhere on the middle or rear of the pack and follow tithe tracks. Depends on how much snow there is but ya stock and air down you are good.

Try 8-10psi if it's fresh snow, I have been up there once when it was maybe a foot of packed snow and was able to run street pressure.

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah I still have my OEM Goodyear adventure tires...not sure I can air those down that low but I would definitely feel safe taking them down to 16 to 18psi. Really hoping I can make this run but not sure I can get free that weekend. I will keep my fingers crossed as I have never been up that way and would love to check it out in the safety of a group.

O.Dfj

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Foothill Farms
Member #

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah I still have my OEM Goodyear adventure tires...not sure I can air those down that low but I would definitely feel safe taking them down to 16 to 18psi. Really hoping I can make this run but not sure I can get free that weekend. I will keep my fingers crossed as I have never been up that way and would love to check it out in the safety of a group.
Hopefully you can make it, a stock truck will be fine and if you have trouble we can get you out. Plus getting stuck is half the fun.

Sent from my LGMS631 using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Slamson00

Cam_Cam_Tech

Rank VI

Pathfinder III

Pleasant Hill, CA
First Name
Camilo
Last Name
Sanchez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6QLZ
You can go 8-10 no problem

Reactions: O.Dfj and Slamson00