OcoeeG

Rank II

Enthusiast III

SE TN
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Gee
I need to figure out a better system for trash. I have a trailer, but I could see how a trasharoo would be ideal for a truck. I could still use a trasharoo attached to the back of my box. However, I am leaning towards a 20mm ammo can. They are 17 long x 15 tall x 7 wide. We are planning on pooping in bags so I think the seal-ability of the ammo can might win.

Does anyone have any advice on one vs the other?

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
After wearing out a Trasheroo then another brand, I decided to save a bunch of money and now use an old canvas Duffle bag. It ties to my spare well, is durable and takes up very little space when not in use. The only down side is, I'm no longer trendy. Sigh.

I say go for it. If it works, great. If not come up with something else. We learn by our mistakes and successes. I learned that a canvas Duffle has a longer life span than a trasheroo and is about $100 cheaper. My mistake was, now im not trendy.

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

I like your idea! I have a friend that copied a wall climbing idea, he uses a 4" ABS tube 4' long and all of his trash goes it, he takes to a trash can and bushes it all out. both ends come off to do so.

OcoeeG

Rank II

Enthusiast III

SE TN
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Gee
I like your idea! I have a friend that copied a wall climbing idea, he uses a 4" ABS tube 4' long and all of his trash goes it, he takes to a trash can and bushes it all out. both ends come off to do so.
Interesting, the only problem is what if you have something larger than 4" diameter to put in the trash?

We did a 9 day kayak trip through the Grand Canyon and we had to pack out our poop in 4" pvc tubes.

I think I am leaning towards ammo cans. Way cheaper than Tasharoo ($25 vs $50-100), sealable, more easily movable, stands up on its own, etc.

Reactions: smritte

RatAssassin

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Wisconsin, USA
First Name
Rat
Last Name
Assassin
Member #

Interesting, the only problem is what if you have something larger than 4" diameter to put in the trash?

We did a 9 day kayak trip through the Grand Canyon and we had to pack out our poop in 4" pvc tubes.

I think I am leaning towards ammo cans. Way cheaper than Tasharoo ($25 vs $50-100), sealable, more easily movable, stands up on its own, etc.
You need to add more fiber to your diet. :laughing:

But......I like that PVC idea for garbage storage. And I happen to have some.