Rank II

Contributor III

Rainier, WA
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

Hi my wife and I recently moved to Italy for work. We will be here for 3 years and we are having a hard time figuring out the camping and over landing here in Italy. If there are any members here that are close to the Vicenza area that could help we would greatly appreciate it.

Reactions: rooftentoverland

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello Anthony,

Iam not that close, but, if it helps, we are going on a trip in september to Spain, the pyrenees. A week trip it is.
And Iam organising several trips in Europe during the year.

If you contact me, I will try to help you out with info and more.

Greetings from Robert

rooftentoverland

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor II

Munich, Germany
Member #

Hi Anthony, we are based in Munich and travel to Garda every once in a while.
There are some documented off-road tracks in your area that I have GPX files for.

Your area is absolutely stunning, and I am sure you will find many remote valleys where you can be on your own.

I can ping you when we are in your area, maybe we can meet up :)

Thomas & Agata

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

Abz125

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Italy, Vicenza
Member #

Hi Anthony, I'm new to the overland scene. My wife and I are working on our jeep build. We should be ready to start camping by December. Hopefully we can link-up and do some traveling together soon.

anthony.j.roberts31

Rank II

Contributor III

Rainier, WA
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

Hi Anthony, I'm new to the overland scene. My wife and I are working on our jeep build. We should be ready to start camping by December. Hopefully we can link-up and do some traveling together soon.
@Abz125 that’s awesome. Shoot me and email/message and we can get it all planned by then.

Kory Joseph

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Italy
First Name
Kory
Last Name
Joseph
Member #

Getting ready to 3/4 link the truck soon! If I can purchase a little car this weekend the order is going in next week!!

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
I saw that you have already found a topic here about camping in Italy. We had recently also times the topic of the Alps here. Look, maybe you will find here for you interesting information:

Have you already looked at the OB Map? There are already a few entries for Europe and I hope with the contribution of all of us, there will soon be more. Or do you know the app iOverlander? There you might also find what you are looking for!

Reactions: MazeVX

Beoverland

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Mondovì, Province of Cuneo, Italy
First Name
Marco
Last Name
Pedde
Member #

Hi my wife and I recently moved to Italy for work. We will be here for 3 years and we are having a hard time figuring out the camping and over landing here in Italy. If there are any members here that are close to the Vicenza area that could help we would greatly appreciate it.
Hi Anthony
I hope al lis well with you.
I am in Italy, right at the west Alps. i can give share with you camping spots and some good trails. Feel free to connect directly with me i
looking forward yo connect

Marco

Reactions: El-Dracho

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
The OB Map is amazing, if we watch what is offered today in the US. You can Points of Interests like Trails / Laundry / Shower / Propane and so on - everything in one App. Unfortunately we in Europe dont have the same data quality, but the POIs are growing.
The amount and quality of data depends on the users. You can also add POIs and contribute to it. Try it out if you haven't done so yet.

I see that we in Europe have already massively increased the POIs in the OB 1 app in the last few months and members have added a wealth of POIs. That's really great. Thanks to all members who have contributed and are contributing!

I hope that many more members will contribute to increase the POI database in Europe in the OB 1 app. Thank you for this. It helps us all.

Bjoern