Atwater, Merced County, California, United States
First Name
Mike&Jen
Last Name
Keith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Motomikeca
If you already have clear/white fog lights but wish you would have bought ambers or just lack visibility in dusty or snowy condition, I found a inexpensive solution. Amazon sells a special vinyl for lights and It works well. I don’t think I would recommend it as a permanent solution but it’s a good way to try out different colors in different situations and conditions before making a expensive purchase.

Trail_pilot

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
I have Rigid LEDs on my winch mount and they have clip on filters to change colours. Mine have had amber filter lenses on them for the last 6 or 7 years and they hold up well. they even have some rock rash on them and still haven't broken or even popped off and they work well for changing the colour to make visibiliy in snow better.
1614453238131.png

Reactions: ThundahBeagle

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Same. Lamin-X from Amazon. You can get pre-cut vinyl for your make and model if you are putting on something like OEM fog lights.

A62007DE-D733-4AC9-95BA-79EF9900CAFE.jpeg

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

Funny. I remember looking at these a few weeks ago. So I checked my Amazon account and had not saved the Lamin-x to my list. However, I checked my internet history and found reference to them there. I'll have to order some up

bgenlvtex

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Texas and Alaska
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #

Funny. I remember looking at these a few weeks ago. So I checked my Amazon account and had not saved the Lamin-x to my list. However, I checked my internet history and found reference to them there. I'll have to order some up
I'll just say that taking the lights off of/out of the vehicle will make the process easier and the outcome more successful.