Am I brilliant or just lazy? Efficient Dinnerware.

• HTML tutorial

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

Hey, I eat Yogurt out of the container, drink milk directly from the jug, beer too.

Has anyone eaten hamburger without cooking it ?

R9c03e6bf632c31e451b31eefe0aefb7d.jpeg

J.W.

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Cincinnati
First Name
J
Last Name
W
Member #

...and didn’t feel like washing a plate.
I feel extremely noticed right now. Can I also claim brilliance when I do this at home?

As for the Fritos thing, don’t let the haters get you down. We’ve all done questionable stuff in our youth.

Reactions: Tundracamper

YoOldDude

Rank I

Contributor III

Pacific Northwest USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Maine
That is how you are supposed to cook many pasta dishes. Cook the pasta until it is almost done then finish in the sauce. If you really want to save dishes, fuel and onboard water precook the pasta at home until it is just chewy, then vacuum pack it. This works really well with homemade pasta, it stays nice and chewy. You still get the fresh aroma and satisfaction of making the sauce without the water wastage of cooking the noodles and washing the pot. Not lazy just resource efficient.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
That is how you are supposed to cook many pasta dishes. Cook the pasta until it is almost done then finish in the sauce. If you really want to save dishes, fuel and onboard water precook the pasta at home until it is just chewy, then vacuum pack it. This works really well with homemade pasta, it stays nice and chewy. You still get the fresh aroma and satisfaction of making the sauce without the water wastage of cooking the noodles and washing the pot. Not lazy just resource efficient.
thats a stellar idea. i already boil whole russet potatoes at home and then wrap them in foil and put in the cooler and grate them for hashbrowns or whatever and i saved a lot of water and fuel having them already cooked. didnt think about that with pasta, but yeah...great idea.

Last edited:
Reactions: rubytrailsahead

rubytrailsahead

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Joshua Tree, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Kerper
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRMX894
Cooking spaghetti for dinner and didn’t feel like washing a plate. So, I just threw the noodles and fritos in the pan used to cook the meat and sauce. I did use plasticware to avoid scratching the pan. Sure did make cleanup easier. I think I’m onto something!!

View attachment 185122
I’m hungry now!!!!

oldmopars

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Selah Wa
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Solomon
Member #

I only use a plate when I am at home and my wife is watching. Otherwise I alway eat directly out of the pot I cooked it in. I travel a lot, so this is normal for me.
If your dog is along, have them lick the pot clean, then you need less water to clean up the pot. Just a little spritz to disinfect.

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

you live the life you settle for, I always use a plate and a proper place setting, just how I roll.

Reactions: Road

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Probably invented the spork too.
The history of knife, spoon, and fork is pretty interesting, actually, and subject to a wide array of opinion as to how it all evolved.

Common thought is that it was the knife first, of course, as an implement of hunting, cutting, and preparing food for meals so used it, too, to get food from fire to mouth. Spoons were common too, before the fork, as implements of stirring and mixing. Then evolved a forked stick or implement to better secure transport to mouth; then refined and only rich folks had proper 'forks' while common folk made do with whatever; usually spoons.

First forks were two-tined, it's thought, as used to help secure meat for cutting, then used too for shoveling bits to mouth.

Here's an interesting array of opinion on the fork:

When and where was the fork invented ? | Notes and Queries | guardian.co.uk

And a bit about the history of the fork, 'anti-forkism,' and different types of forks used over time:

The debate varies widely still; many opinions which seem based regionally without taking into consideration it could have evolved differently in other places until commerce and wide-spread travel homogenized usage.

• Wow
Reactions: FishinCrzy