First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Welcome to the Overland Bound, OB1 Beta Test Program

Please keep in mind this is Beta Software. This means it may be broken in some cases. This is expected. There some "Known Issues". If you leave a post and it does not get a response it probably means the post goes into the "Known Issue" category, and we appreciate your report.

Please provide any specific information about issues you find. You can do that right here in this thread.

Known Issue: No work has been done for tablets or landscape mode. It may work, but that's only by chance :)

When reporting bugs:

Provide report type: Bug, Feature, or Improvement.
Provide platform: iOS or Android
Provide Device Info: What are you using?
Reproduction steps: Let us know how to reproduce the issue.

Ideas: We want to know what is frustrating, unclear, or could be improved. Most importantly, what would make you use this app as your preferred forum, map, event app.

OB1 has now been opened up for broader distribution.

APPLE BUILD: COMING SOON

ANDROID BUILD:
May be downloaded here (option to install APKs must be enabled): Android Build: OB1 Android Build

Thank you again, we appreciate the feedback!

- Michael and Team

Reactions: Monty_moose_gen2

Dana Ramos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Alta, WY
First Name
Dana
Last Name
Ramos
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EXK
First thing that jumps out at me is in Forums. After scrolling through a long list of threads and then clicking into one to read it, then clicking back, the app takes you back to the very top of the thread list so you have to scroll down again to find where you were in the list. Seems like back should take you to the last position in the list.

Keep up the good work. I can't wait for the maps functionality!

Thepeppercornheart

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Arizona, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Srisamart
Member #

First of all, I'm super excited about the new app and seeing the progress.

Suggestion: When using forum style apps, I find it nice to be able to swipe left and right to go to the previous or next page within a post instead of scrolling all the way down to tap the arrows.

-Matt

Thepeppercornheart

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Arizona, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Srisamart
Member #

A couple of potential bugs? I keep seeing a persistent location notification from the app and I know if will eventually have a map, but it just makes me think that it is constantly trying to get my location and needlessly draining my battery. As I was trying to report this from the app and include the appropriate information, I realized that I can't select text by long pressing to copy and paste.

I am on Android 10 using a OnePlus 6 device.

Thanks!

- Matt

Reactions: Dana Ramos

RawrCES

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Portsmouth, VA
First Name
Corey
Last Name
Snyder
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Not sure how to get my membership to work with OB1. Its telling me to upgrade my account though I've joined years ago on the website.

Might be a bug?

- Corey

Iridium

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert CO: Ft. Collins Area

Influencer III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Aleem
Last Name
Qureshi
Member #

Not sure how to get my membership to work with OB1. Its telling me to upgrade my account though I've joined years ago on the website.

Might be a bug?

- Corey
I keep having the same bug however joined more recently.

EB1156

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Washington, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
B.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF7TSB
A couple of potential bugs? I keep seeing a persistent location notification from the app and I know if will eventually have a map, but it just makes me think that it is constantly trying to get my location and needlessly draining my battery. As I was trying to report this from the app and include the appropriate information, I realized that I can't select text by long pressing to copy and paste.

I am on Android 10 using a OnePlus 6 device.

Thanks!

- Matt
Same problem here. On Android 8.0

Thanks.

Eric

AtlasBound

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Washington
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Might be a bug?

- Corey
I'm not sure if it's a bug, but is this what you're talking about? If so, @Michael showed the same thing from his account on a YouTube video he recently made about the app. Here is a screen shot and the link to the YouTube video. Mine also shows the "Member Upgrade" button on the menu.

Attachments

RawrCES

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Portsmouth, VA
First Name
Corey
Last Name
Snyder
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy

Might be a bug?

- Corey
I'm not sure if it's a bug, but is this what you're talking about? If so, @Michael showed the same thing from his account on a YouTube video he recently made about the app. Here is a screen shot and the link to the YouTube video. Mine also shows the "Member Upgrade" button on the menu.

Yea, but unless the membership portions of the beta app are still unattached i can not utilize them due to it not seeing my membership.

AtlasBound

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Washington
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Yea, but unless the membership portions of the beta app are still unattached i can not utilize them due to it not seeing my membership.
The only thing that works in the app right now are the forums. The rest of it is currently disabled while they build those functions. Is that what you're referring to?

RawrCES

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Portsmouth, VA
First Name
Corey
Last Name
Snyder
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
The only thing that works in the app right now are the forums. The rest of it is currently disabled while they build those functions. Is that what you're referring to?
Yep, got it. Thanks

r2fasani

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Ripon, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Fasani
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZZQ
The settings link is grayed out and I’m unable to get a response when I touch/click on it.

iOS 13.4.1 on an iPhone X.

Keep up the great work you all! Much appreciated!!

Attachments

Reactions: BlackbeardZC

r2fasani

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Ripon, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Fasani
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZZQ
The settings link is grayed out and I’m unable to get a response when I touch/click on it.

iOS 13.4.1 on an iPhone X.

Keep up the great work you all! Much appreciated!!
Upgraded to v8.0.0 (2020051821) and the settings link is now selectable.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hey all - all known issues - new build today - things happening fast - I'll be more responsive on the next build thread!

Thank you!

M

Status
Not open for further replies.