Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Welcome to the Overland Bound, OB1 Alpha Test Program.

Please keep in mind this is Alpha Software. This means it is incomplete, and may be broken in some cases. This is expected. There some "Known Issues". If you leave a post and it does not get a response it probably means the post goes into the Known Issue category. I’ll usually “like” the post to show we’ve seen it.

Please provide any specific information about issues you find in this thread.

Known Issue: No work has been done for tablets or landscape mode. It may work, but that's only by chance :)

When reporting bugs:

Provide platform: iOS or Android
Provide Device Info: What are you using?
Reproduction steps: Let us know how to reproduce the issue.

Ideas: We want to know what is frustrating, unclear, or could be improved. Most importantly, what would make you use this app as your preferred forum, map, event app.

Known: No work has been done for tablets or landscape mode. It may work, but that's only by chance :)

APPLE BUILD: Alpha 0.8.48 Build Patch has been released and is in review by Apple. You should receive an email once approved by Apple if you are in the test group. To join this test group, fill out this form: Expedition Pioneers. Once installed, your build should show: 0.8.48 (at the bottom of the slide-out menu within the app)

ANDROID BUILD: May be downloaded here (option to install APKs must be enabled): OB1_Build_0.8.48.apk

Testing Focus:

Forum usage
Message usage
Notifications
Status Updates
Feed Interrupts including "All Caught Up", "Latest Member" and "Status Updates"

New Features:

- New Message Indicators (slide-out menu)
- New Notification indicator (slide out menu)
- Any new item indicator (hamburger menu)
- Special "Pinned Post" formatting.
- Latest Status Updates (slide out menu)

Bugs Fixed:

- "Watched Threads" pill should now updated correctly, fixing feed view.
- All images should properly load.
- Notification links go to post
- Fixed how the forum feed vs forum list URLs were calculated.
- Split the forum feed and forum list filter state into different Redux store maps.
- Refactored sagas to read the filter state from the correct place and for fetch and fetch more threads.
- Fixed a typo on the "all" thread filter badges.
- Fixed the forum thread list to summarize pinned threads (no HTML summary).

Additional work, features, fixes

Upgraded the app to RN0.62.0-rc3
• Added flow-typed to the project to add a ton of missing coverage and ensure proper use of dependencies
• Switched the .eslintrc.js file from a .js file back to just .eslintrc
• Updated the flowconfig file
• Bumped iOS minimum supported OS version to 10.0
• Resolved a number of Flow errors from improper props/use/declarations
• Resolved pinch to zoom issue on ImageViewer for Android
• Ripped out more instances of NativeBase across the app
• Added a new reducer for mapPreferences
• Added new map image assets
• Added new map resources image assets
• Added the map visibility modal where overlays and map type can be changed
• Added more data sources and map style layers to the MapView
• Removed the FcIcon and TopBadge components
• Removed the screens and components that were in the src/screens directory. Many were clearly placeholder and none were being used
• Added MapRallyPointFilter and MapResourceFilter screens and renamed MapFilter to MapMemberFilter for consistency
• Fixed Profile Post List card spacing
• Created new reducer: createRallyPoint to handle data from the large rally point creation form
• Refactored TagAutoload and the Invites card
• Swapped out local component state with redux state for Rally Point creation components
• Created a new component TagCustom to remove dependency on react-native-tags and react-native-tag-input
• Componentized the add button UI on RallyPoint create: ButtonAddNew
• Move Channels and the index file into a combined file CardRallyPointChannels and rewrote it
• Refactored the Dropdown component and got it working smoothly as a functional component
• Code cleanup and refactoring
• Resynced flow-typed
• Fixed some Flow erros in our code
• Refactored and fixed up the Details component for Rally Point create
• Updated project dependencies
• Wait until the map style is done loading before rendering all of the source data and style layers

For iOS Testers:

Testers can now send feedback directly from your beta app simply by taking a screenshot and share detailed feedback with a crash report immediately after a crash occurs. TestFlight 2.3 and iOS 13 or later are required. You can view and manage tester feedback in App Store Connect.

From your app's TestFlight page, click Crashes or Screenshots in the Feedback section in the left side navigation. You can filter your feedback view by build numbers, app versions, devices, iOS versions, or tester groups.

Last edited:

dstock

Rank VI

Influencer I

Lake Arrowhead, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Stockslager
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZGS
Thanks for the new build!

Pixel 3 XL running Android 10:

Pictures still not loading
Also -build number shows up as "null.1"

Reactions: Michael

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Thanks for the new build!

Pixel 3 XL running Android 10:

Pictures still not loading
Also -build number shows up as "null.1"
OK - time to get to the bottom of this picture thing.

Which pictures specifically? All?

We've implemented a few fixes and - you are my test case!

Reactions: dstock

dstock

Rank VI

Influencer I

Lake Arrowhead, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Stockslager
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZGS
OK - time to get to the bottom of this picture thing.

Which pictures specifically? All?

We've implemented a few fixes and - you are my test case!
Happy to help!

Pictures on the Category Icons work, no issue there.

In the threads themselves, pictures do not appear in the thread, it's just a blank area, but you can see dots that indicate the number of pictures. If you click on the blank space above the dots, then it will attempt to load the pictures so that you can scroll through them but the loading icon just spins and spins.

The only picture I've come across in a thread that loads is the one in the first post of your thread " Michael and Corrie at the Four Wheeler Adventure Expo!"

I'll be at the show on Saturday, I can show you what happens in person if you like.

EricGagne

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Lachine, Montreal, QC, Canada
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Gagne
Member #

Android 9.

Here's something that has been a real annoyance and was a deal breaker for me in regards of using the app for more than just testing. I finally figured out the steps to reproduce so I can write about it now. The issue is the inconsistency of the height of the writing area when posting.

Sometimes when replying to a post, the writing area "docks" right above the virtual keyboard as it should but most of the time, it gets almost completely hidden by the keyboard, leaving only 1 line of text to be seen. Then, as the text wraps and new lines are created, the box extends towards the top to show all the lines. The problem is if you place the cursor on the first line to make a correction, the box shrinks down to only show that one line and you no longer see the whole text, you just see 1 line.

Here's how I manage to replicate as often as I want.

1. Go to settings->Apps->Overland Bound One and do a "Force stop".
2. Start the app........doh ! :D
3. Go to any topic, hit reply and click in the text area to start typing. The typing area docks above the keyboard.

Screenshot_20200303-201609_Overland Bound One.jpg

4. Hit the android button that shows all the running apps (sorry, I don't know what it's called).
Screenshot_20200303-202007_One UI Home.jpg

5. Slide the Overland Bound One app toward the top of the screen to close it. Don't go and "force stop" it from the settings, just close it from the list of running apps.
6. Launch the app again.
7. Go to any topic.
8. Hit reply
9. Click the text area to start typing.....the keyboard covers the text area.
Screenshot_20200303-202325_Overland Bound One.jpg

10. Add a few lines.
Screenshot_20200303-202431_Overland Bound One.jpg
11. Then click on the first line as if you wanted to make changes. The box shrinks and only shows 1 line.
Screenshot_20200303-202745_Overland Bound One.jpg
12. Close the keyboard to see the whole area and click the 4th line. The box will not adjust to show 4 lines.
Screenshot_20200303-202755_Overland Bound One.jpg

When the app is in this state, it's extremely frustrating to try and post something because the text keeps going out of sight. The app behave like this until you "force stop" it again.

It's quite a few steps to reproduce and frankly, not so easy to explain for some french speaking guy from Quebec, I hope this is clear but if not, feel free to ask for more.

Last edited:
Reactions: dstock and Michael

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Android 9.

Here's something that has been a real annoyance and was a deal breaker for me in regards of using the app for more than just testing. I finally figured out the steps to reproduce so I can write about it now. The issue is the inconsistency of the height of the writing area when posting.

Sometimes when replying to a post, the writing area "docks" right above the virtual keyboard as it should but most of the time, it gets almost completely hidden by the keyboard, leaving only 1 line of text to be seen. Then, as the text wraps and new lines are created, the box extends towards the top to show all the lines. The problem is if you place the cursor on the first line to make a correction, the box shrinks down to only show that one line and you no longer see the whole text, you just see 1 line.

Here's how I manage to replicate as often as I want.

1. Go to settings->Apps->Overland Bound One and do a "Force stop".
2. Start the app........doh ! :D
3. Go to any topic, hit reply and click in the text area to start typing. The typing area docks above the keyboard.

View attachment 142840

4. Hit the android button that shows all the running apps (sorry, I don't know what it's called).
5. Slide the Overland Bound One app toward the top of the screen to close it. Don't go and "force stop" it from the settings, just close it from the list of running apps.
6. Launch the app again.
7. Go to any topic.
8. Hit reply
9. Click the text area to start typing.....the keyboard covers the text area.
View attachment 142843

10. Add a few lines.
View attachment 142844
11. Then click on the first line as if you wanted to make changes. The box shrinks and only shows 1 line.
View attachment 142845
12. Close the keyboard to see the whole area and click the 4th line. The box will not adjust to show 4 lines.
View attachment 142846

When the app is in this state, it's extremely frustrating to try and post something and it will remain like this on you "force stop" it.

It's quite a few steps to reproduce and frankly, not so easy to explain for some french speaking guy from Quebec, I hope this is clear but if not, feel free to ask for more.
This is EXTREMELY useful! Very complete and great reproduction steps. We will get this fixed!

M

Reactions: EricGagne

Enthusiast III

Medford, OR, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Coleman
iOS 13.3.1 will not load the app. Upon clicking it - I see the screen attempting to load and it crashes. Been trying different way with no avail

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
iOS 13.3.1 will not load the app. Upon clicking it - I see the screen attempting to load and it crashes. Been trying different way with no avail
To confirm, did you receive an email confirmation from TestFlight and install through the Test Flight app, then use this icon to launch? We’re you able to launch previous versions? Thank you!

Attachments

Enthusiast III

Medford, OR, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Coleman
To confirm, did you receive an email confirmation from TestFlight and install through the Test Flight app, then use this icon to launch? We’re you able to launch previous versions? Thank you!
Yes, I can confirm all the above - except previous versions. This is my first time installing the app

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Yes, I can confirm all the above - except previous versions. This is my first time installing the app
OK thank you. Helpful. I’d try uninstalling and re-installing. I will pass this to developers.

Check all the obvious. Internet connection etc. lmk how it goes.
M

Enthusiast III

Medford, OR, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Coleman
OK thank you. Helpful. I’d try uninstalling and re-installing. I will pass this to developers.

Check all the obvious. Internet connection etc. lmk how it goes.
M
I tried:
Reinstalling
Restarting my phone
Starting the app with location on and off
Opening the app from the app switcher
I should say the splash (login) screen works fine. Once I login is when it crashes

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
I tried:
Reinstalling
Restarting my phone
Starting the app with location on and off
Opening the app from the app switcher
I should say the splash (login) screen works fine. Once I login is when it crashes
OK, I see - I'm going to start a PM to get some more info.

sakiwest

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Brentwood, CA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6M
iOS. I cannot scroll to the top of any thread. This thread or any others. If I scroll fast it just ends up right at the bottom after looking like it’s scrolling. If I scroll slowly it goes about 12 posts then rubber bands back to the bottom.

Ps....We keep seeing notes about the map... you guys keep teasing us!

Status
Not open for further replies.