Almost Classic Nissan Build

• HTML tutorial

Enthusiast III

Nova Scotia
First Name
Marty
Last Name
Upham
My old WD21 worked great. Drove over 1000kms with it last weekend camping and exploring the south shore of Nova Scotia. It is going to need an exhaust leak repaired and I wish it had a bit more power for the hills but it was comfortable and reliable on this trip.

Attachments

Enthusiast III

Nova Scotia
First Name
Marty
Last Name
Upham
Those turned out nice. How far do they stick out from the body?
just enough to protect rocker and bottom of my doors. I don't have completely finished yet. I had to help out my brother with his GX470. Was due for the timing belt replacement.
Finally getting the rock sliders finished up. They just need sandblasted and painted.

Attachments

Enthusiast III

Nova Scotia
First Name
Marty
Last Name
Upham
These sliders clamp all the way around the frame and will be easy to take off and on for any repairs. They tuck up very close to the rockers I had to notch them so they don’t hit the pinch weld area of the rockers.

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

I picked up a new rig a couple months ago. It is a 1994 Nissan Pathfinder SEV6 was a one owner garage kept truck from BC. I have always like Nissan vehicles and when I saw this sitting out for sale just a few km's from my home I had to stop in to have a look. I told my wife that I was going to go have a look but expected it to be all rusty and in poor condition. I was very wrong and excited about the condition it was in. I am planning to build it into our family adventure vehicle. Will be used for camping trips, light off-road adventures and going to get ice cream or trips to the cottage or camp. I have already done a few things to upgrade it. First thing was to check fluids and drive it a bit once the salt was off our roads. It sure isn't fast but works well. Then I installed some 16" Nissan wheels off a newer pathfinder so I could install a set of tires I already had. LT265/75/16 DC Trail Country. I sandblasted and painted the wheels before mounting the tires. I may get some 15" tires also so I can run the factory wheels. I also welded up some aluminum I had to build a roof rack system to sit on the factory rails & crossbars. I have ordered some OME rear coils to hold the load better. I was surprised at how well the factory original shocks still work. It has the electronic adjustable shocks and they still work when you select the sport mode. I also have some manual locking hubs on order. Timing belt will be replaced along with the water pump. It has 170,000kms and doesn't look to have been replaced although it has been well maintained. Here are a few pictures of it.
From a time when they made good, solid, compact SUV's that were real SUV's instead os style-mobiles.

Nice find

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

This design was used for the original Nissan Pathfinder, Honda Passport and Isuzu Rodeo. The Honda version had an Isuzu engine. Whoever designed it must have made a bunch of money licensing it to the other two manufacturers