Launch Member

Influencer II

Michigan
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Howell
Member #

We're going to get together in April for an overnight and meetup through Allegan Forest and Yankee Springs. We just posted up the event on our website (www.michiganoverland.com) and on our Facebook group. We'll post up more details as we get them and they emerge.

michiganoverland

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Michigan
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Howell
Member #

Hey @ToddRoll glad you came across our post here and on our site. We've got a Facebook group also where most of our interactions happen. One of our other members is organizing the Allegan/Yankee Springs trip. If you've got any other questions feel free to get ahold of me here, on Facebook, or send me an email at michiganoverland@gmail.com.

RyanC

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Pinckney, MI
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1RAC
Is there a campground we are staying in? Do I need a reservation?

michiganoverland

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Michigan
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Howell
Member #

This is the plan:

11300 W M 179 HWY, Middleville, MI 49333 meet at Shell station at 3pm friday leave around 3:30pm hit a few trails in Yankee Springs then make our way to Allegan forest to run more trails and set up camp for the evening. Next morning wake up breakfast and hit more trails along Kalamazoo river we can stop at the WWII POW camp on lake allegan for a bit. Should wrap up the trip around 4:00pm Saturday. If people want we could head towards Plainwell area and Grab dinner at Old Mill Brew Pub. This will be a short trip but if it is fun we can plan a bigger longer one in the summer or fall

Reactions: RyanC

RyanC

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Pinckney, MI
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1RAC
This is the plan:

11300 W M 179 HWY, Middleville, MI 49333 meet at Shell station at 3pm friday leave around 3:30pm hit a few trails in Yankee Springs then make our way to Allegan forest to run more trails and set up camp for the evening. Next morning wake up breakfast and hit more trails along Kalamazoo river we can stop at the WWII POW camp on lake allegan for a bit. Should wrap up the trip around 4:00pm Saturday. If people want we could head towards Plainwell area and Grab dinner at Old Mill Brew Pub. This will be a short trip but if it is fun we can plan a bigger longer one in the summer or fall
Perfect! Are there any special permits to camp? I've never done disbursed camping.

ToddRoll

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

West Olive, Michigan
Member #

Cool cool, hoping to join/ meet ya'all.
I'll be rolling in 97' Green Jeep TJ.

Quick question, do we need any trail permits, and or camp reservation slips to leave on site, etc.

michiganoverland

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Michigan
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Howell
Member #

Cool cool, hoping to join/ meet ya'all.
I'll be rolling in 97' Green Jeep TJ.

Quick question, do we need any trail permits, and or camp reservation slips to leave on site, etc.
I would buy the two ORV tags just as a CYA. Shouldn't be more than $40. Usually to disperse camp you have to fill out a form from the parks DNR office. I'll double check though.

michiganoverland

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Michigan
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Howell
Member #

So the plan still stands on meeting location. A couple of the folks in the FB group are planning on doing a group dinner Friday. Here is what's being brought so far:

Burgers
Buns
Chips & guac
Salsa

If you're planning on coming and want to contribute something let me know here and I'll relay to the group what it and make sure you're included in the roll-call. I'll need to know probably no later than Wednesday.

RyanC

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Pinckney, MI
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1RAC
So the plan still stands on meeting location. A couple of the folks in the FB group are planning on doing a group dinner Friday. Here is what's being brought so far:

Burgers
Buns
Chips & guac
Salsa

If you're planning on coming and want to contribute something let me know here and I'll relay to the group what it and make sure you're included in the roll-call. I'll need to know probably no later than Wednesday.
How many people will be there?

Sent from my SM-G920V using OB Talk mobile app

RyanC

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Pinckney, MI
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1RAC

Burgers
Buns
Chips & guac
Salsa

I can bring brats, grilled onions and bush's baked beans. I dont have a grill for the brats but if someone is doing burgers they probably do. Just need an up to date people count on Thursday.

I'm bringing one passenger with me so i count as 2.

Sent from my SM-G920V using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: michiganoverland

RyanC

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Pinckney, MI
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1RAC