Launch Member

Member III

Harrisonburg, VA, USA
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Bunyard
Member #

Decided to start a build thread for me. My name is Alex and I drive a 2013 Nissan Frontier CC 4x4. I'm relatively new to the overlanding community. I've always been an outdoor person but never used my truck to get places. I mainly used my back to carry what I need to. But here goes the list so far:

Suspension:
Rough Country front spacers (Soon to be coilovers and tubular upper control arms)
PRG Deaver AAL in the rear

Wheels/Tires:
Factory rims on 285/75/16 Goodyear Duratracs

Gear:
Front Runner Slimline II Roof Rack
Yakima Bedrock System for the bikes

Lights/Wiring:
32" Curved LED light bar
50" Light bar
3" Flush Mount Pod lights for rear bumper (waiting on the guts to cut my bumper up)
Blue Seas Fuse Block under hood
Hella Relay block under the hood
Blue Seas Dual Buss inside
Mic Tuning Switches in a Pro 4X switch cluster

Miscellaneous:
35% Front 5% Rear Carbon Window Tint
Weather Tech In Channel Visors

More is to come. I will be swapping out the spacers for a set of Radflo 2.0 Coilovers and UPC Upper Control Arms. Then a Shrockworks Front and rear bumper. Skid plates, winch, rock sliders and I want to build a custom rear tire mount that'll swing away. Eventually if the wife let's me I'll be adding a camper shell with a matching Front Runner Slim Line II rack for it as well.

And time for the photos:

When it was stock.

Spacers installed with tires

Factory Pro 4X switch panel with Mic Tuning Switches

My Blue Seas fuse holder and Hella Relay Block wired up with a Kicker wire kit

Rear AAL installed going thru a local wifelife management area.

32" light bar fired up for the first time

Wide life management area again. Snow still melting away.

And my pride and joy rack installed finally. Love this thing.

More to come. A friend of mine and me are starting up a social media site for product testing various products in the real world and give our reviews. And see where it leads us.

Thanks for looking and I'll keep this thread updated.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Alexander Bunyard

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Harrisonburg, VA, USA
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Bunyard
Member #

How do you like the Duratracs? I've been running them on my Jeep for a couple years now and really like them.
So far so good. They are not as loud as I figured they would be and they offer great traction for the roads I travel. I've had them for 4500 miles so far. Even at 20 PSI they hold onto the terrain nicely. Snow traction is awesome. I pulled 6 stuck cars from the previous snow storm we had and I never had an issue with slipping. I'll be buying them again for sure.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: ShawnR

Alexander Bunyard

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Harrisonburg, VA, USA
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Bunyard
Member #

So I got off work early today. Which meant I had time to atleast mount up my roof light.

Now I'll just need some time to finally be able to wire it up. Which means this crazy weather needs to chill so I can silicone up the hole once the wires are thru.

Sent from My Cell

Reactions: Tim

Tim

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Oxford, UK
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Lunn
Member #

So I got off work early today. Which meant I had time to atleast mount up my roof light.

Now I'll just need some time to finally be able to wire it up. Which means this crazy weather needs to chill so I can silicone up the hole once the wires are thru.

Sent from My Cell
Drilling a hole in the roof, never been brave enough to do that... Yet!

Reactions: Alexander Bunyard

Alexander Bunyard

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Harrisonburg, VA, USA
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Bunyard
Member #

Drilling a hole in the roof, never been brave enough to do that... Yet!
Lol. I never thought I would be. But with the rack even, I had to drill holes. It was nerve racking to say the least. But I picked up some good Marine Grade Silicone. Came out great and I've had no water on my head yet. Knock on wood.

Sent from My Cell

Reactions: ShawnR and Tim

Alexander Bunyard

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Harrisonburg, VA, USA
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Bunyard
Member #

So I got off my lazy butt after seeing the temp rise nicely. Here are some photos now that it's been wired up.

Just the roof light.

And now both. I won't have a problem seeing the trail now.

Sent from My Cell

Reactions: Tim

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Lol. I never thought I would be. But with the rack even, I had to drill holes. It was nerve racking to say the least. But I picked up some good Marine Grade Silicone. Came out great and I've had no water on my head yet. Knock on wood.

Sent from My Cell
Buy a Wrangler, you'll be drilling more drainage holes in the floor like I did. Lol

Reactions: Alexander Bunyard

Alexander Bunyard

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Harrisonburg, VA, USA
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Bunyard
Member #

Buy a Wrangler, you'll be drilling more drainage holes in the floor like I did. Lol
Naw. I like my trucks. My brother is the Jeep guy in the family. He's been trying for years to get me into wheeling. And now I know what I've been missing all these years.

Sent from My Cell