Alasaka Bound

• HTML tutorial

trikebubble

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Penticton, BC
Member #

yep, our first summer I was reading a real good book outside. I figured go to bed when you cannot read. Well it started to get brighter out. I looked, 3am and I started work at 6am. You will find your biological clock does not get tired... or not sleepy if it never gets dark. It is easy to go days without meaningful sleep. Insomnia is common.

This is a great comedy. Sorry murder movie.

I forgot who was in it, killer cast.
So Robin Williams characters cabin was built beside the Bear Glacier, which is located just off the Cassiar Hwy on the way to Stewart BC.

❤️Lovey❤️

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

California
Member #

Guess where Porsche winter tests their cars.... Edmonton to Yellowknife to Inuvik in January. It was so cool to meet a dozen Porsches on the highway when it could be -70F !!! Daytime high is often 40 below. Caymans, Boxters, 911s and a few Cayennes. The newest models cloaked in mesh.

View attachment 102005
glad i am not the only one with an OB sports car! My Zed loves the snow!

Terry Pickens

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Evansville, WY, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Pickens
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTV
The looonnggggg lonely highway can invite speed but at night, a bison is like a brick wall.

View attachment 102006

That was a Camaro, the Bison is behind him.

A cop once told me
at 50mph a moose breaks the grill and lights.
at 60mph he lands on the hood.
at 70mph he breaks the windshield and
at 80mph he is a lap dog.

Don't overdrive the headlights.
We are planning on short days of driving and enjoying the countryside with camping and exploring.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Lone Overlander

The Lone Overlander

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Willie
Last Name
Suarez
Member #

Second glacier of the week

When we left Las Vegas with #DestinoAlaska I knew we would see some amazing sights. But nothing could have prepared me for this.

It is crazy the things Mother Nature came up with all on her own.

Day 24
Miles 3204
Temp: 57°

Attachments

Terry Pickens

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Evansville, WY, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Pickens
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTV
Second glacier of the week

When we left Las Vegas with #DestinoAlaska I knew we would see some amazing sights. But nothing could have prepared me for this.

It is crazy the things Mother Nature came up with all on her own.

Day 24
Miles 3204
Temp: 57°
Man I can not wait to see these types of landscapes when we leave in 30 days.
Looks like your having fun, enjoy.

The Lone Overlander

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Willie
Last Name
Suarez
Member #

Man I can not wait to see these types of landscapes when we leave in 30 days.
Looks like your having fun, enjoy.
Bro just take it easy, and stop as often as you want. There is so much to see.
If you don’t make it to your final destination because you are running out of time that is an excuse to return next year.

Stickman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Eads, TN
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Treanor
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4FBH
Out of Alaska! It averaged us $1.00 per mile from Canadian Border to Dead horse camp and back to lower 48 border. Just got to Mount St. Helens. Much cheaper here. Just turned 10,756 miles. Doing the dispersed camping thing. Way awesome!

BC is loaded with bears. Saw 16 black and 6 brown. Tons of elk, rain deer, musk ox, red fox, big horn sheep, white mountain goats, and of course mosquitos.

Once out of town one can camp anywhere in Canada. Found some awesome places. Had to camp at rest areas twice. No issues.

Warning!!!! Never pass a gas station if near half tank. Keep it full or you will run out. Saw several unprepared people.

trikebubble

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Penticton, BC
Member #

Out of Alaska! It averaged us $1.00 per mile from Canadian Border to Dead horse camp and back to lower 48 border. Just got to Mount St. Helens. Much cheaper here. Just turned 10,756 miles. Doing the dispersed camping thing. Way awesome!

BC is loaded with bears. Saw 16 black and 6 brown. Tons of elk, rain deer, musk ox, red fox, big horn sheep, white mountain goats, and of course mosquitos.

Once out of town one can camp anywhere in Canada. Found some awesome places. Had to camp at rest areas twice. No issues.

Warning!!!! Never pass a gas station if near half tank. Keep it full or you will run out. Saw several unprepared people.

I envy your brown bear sightings. We didn't see a single one on our journey north last summer. Black bears were everywhere on the Alaska Hwy in Northern BC. Our favorite wildlife sightings were the very cool little red foxes that seemed to always be carrying something furry and edible, the porcupines on the South Canol Road, the single caribou we saw on The Dempster, and the lynx we passed just strolling beside the road into Inuvik like a complete boss.

Terry Pickens

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Evansville, WY, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Pickens
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTV

Man your killing me. Still have a month before I leave. This sounds so exciting, I’ll have 2 - 5 gallon jerry cans of gas for my subi but I’ll remember filling up when I can.
Glad you had a awesome time.

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

Man your killing me. Still have a month before I leave. This sounds so exciting, I’ll have 2 - 5 gallon jerry cans of gas for my subi but I’ll remember filling up when I can.
Glad you had a awesome time.
Yes, there are several runs of over 100 miles between gas stations.

Reactions: Terry Pickens

Stickman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Eads, TN
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Treanor
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4FBH
Valdez, etc. are huge tourist destinations for cruise ships.

2 pieces of FRIED Haddock and French fries = $44.50 in Valdeze.

Gas = $5.50 per gallon in Coldfoot, AK.

There us no drinking water for purchase in Deadhorse. Make sure you take enough for the round trip.

LOVED THE ADVENTURE!

Stickman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Eads, TN
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Treanor
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4FBH
The road between Fairbanks and Coldfoot is treacherous! Over confidence will cause you to break something. The pot holes come in herds - without warning.

Terry Pickens

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Evansville, WY, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Pickens
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTV

The Lone Overlander

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Willie
Last Name
Suarez
Member #

Not sure what part of Valdez are we talking about here.
I just had dinner at the Fat Mermaid for 4 and my bill was only $78,56.
We all had seafood and I had a beer on the draft too.