Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
The Alabama Hills under Mt. Whitney is one of our favorite destinations. The views are incredible and access is easy. There are also harder trails in the area for people who want a bit of challenge.

Please keep in mind, at the Alabama Hills, vehicles need to stay on the path as always. There is a strict "Don't crush the brush" policy.

You should expect cold temperatures, wind, and amazing scenery!

View Rally Point

MountainManDan

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Flagstaff, AZ
Member #

Event Looks awesome. Wish I would've known earlier. How significant is 4x4 required for a lot of these trails? I have a liveable Ford transit that I utilize full-time as a residence. I want to be apart of this community more, but am not completely willing to challenge this vehicle to its limits as it would be a life altering scenario if it tipped over or I caused significant damage to it. I do explore regularly throughout the southwest in it because it makes travel lifestyle so accessible, but I do the deep backcountry exploration on my mountain bike. Hoping to catch one of these soon!

Reactions: kg6zjl

Tom K

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Zürich, Switzerland
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6JHR
Sorry, but my partner's holiday Xmas party is this weekend and as a manager she has to go!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Would love to go but have another commitment.

Judge

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Woodland Hills, CA
Member #

Darn! If only this was next weekend...I've been looking for an upcoming OB get together. I'll be out of town this weekend...oh well. You guys have fun!

FrankRoams

Local Expert Southern CA

Member III

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD
Bummer. I will be flying home from Japan when this happens. :(

have fun!

Inthewoods

Local Expert Central CA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

Ah, this was one that I wanted to try to. have to miss it. I need like 2 week notice to move my clients. any idea when the next trip will be ? Currently getting ready for that Mojave run.