Advocate III

Žuvų gatvė 9-2, Šakiai, 47412 Lithuania
First Name
Tomas
Last Name
Karlonas
Member #

Hi all,

Just sharing some exited news as i finally received airing down valves that are installed in the rims. For the moment i have not installed as there is big qui to tires mounting shop don-to the seasonal winter tires changes for all.

But the build quality at first glance are super.

Attachments

GunRunnersActual

Rank V

Explorer I

Laurel, MS, USA
First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Watson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WROE242
Service Branch
USMC
Hi all,

Just sharing some exited news as i finally received airing down valves that are installed in the rims. For the moment i have not installed as there is big qui to tires mounting shop don-to the seasonal winter tires changes for all.

What is the brand?

Camguti

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Phoenix, Maricopa County, Arizona, United States
First Name
Cameron
Last Name
Gutierrez
Member #

So what exactly does an airing down valve do? i understand it's to air down but you can do that the old fashion way by depressing a standard air valve.
The idea is to save time. Adding a dedicated air down/up valve allows air to be release/intake much, much, quicker, and allows you to keep a gauge on the other valve. That way you don’t have to stop to check the tire pressure every time. Same concept with airing up. Power tank makes some too but they are EXPENSIVE. A big downfall, besides price, is that you have to drill into your wheels… I’ll pass. At the end of the day it really comes down to how often you go out and how often you’re adjusting tire pressure on the trail.

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
I used to have those brass deflators set to 20 lbs or so, screw em on, walk away for a bit and down they all went. I received an ARB tire deflator tool and once I learned how to use it gave the little brass ones to a friend. I’ve never understood the hurry and always chuckle to myself when I see someone getting all the hoses out to deflate or fill everything at once..

Wranglervirus

Local Expert North/East Europe

Advocate III

First Name
Tomas
Last Name
Karlonas
Member #

Hi all,

What is the brand?
Sorry forgotnto add this, here are the link:

Reactions: GunRunnersActual

Wranglervirus

Advocate III

First Name
Tomas
Last Name
Karlonas
Member #

Those look nice and well made.

People dramatically overthink airing down though. A valve core wrench and a few spare cores in case you lose one gets it done. No fuss no mess , no Gucci-tax.
It depends on terain you live, in Europe there is many short roads so on lond expedition there are some road with longer sectio with pawed (asfalt) road and in summer airing down quickly is nice

Wranglervirus

Advocate III

First Name
Tomas
Last Name
Karlonas
Member #

So what exactly does an airing down valve do? i understand it's to air down but you can do that the old fashion way by depressing a standard air valve.
The idea is to save time. Adding a dedicated air down/up valve allows air to be release/intake much, much, quicker, and allows you to keep a gauge on the other valve. That way you don’t have to stop to check the tire pressure every time. Same concept with airing up. Power tank makes some too but they are EXPENSIVE. A big downfall, besides price, is that you have to drill into your wheels… I’ll pass. At the end of the day it really comes down to how often you go out and how often you’re adjusting tire pressure on the trail.
This one goes to same whole as your standart valve so no need to drill

Reactions: Camguti

bgenlvtex

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Texas and Alaska
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #

It depends on terain you live, in Europe there is many short roads so on lond expedition there are some road with longer sectio with pawed (asfalt) road and in summer airing down quickly is nice
Nothing airs down quicker than pulling the valve core.

Or airs up either.

ETA; well beaking the entire stem off does LOL

Last edited:

Wranglervirus

Advocate III

First Name
Tomas
Last Name
Karlonas
Member #

Nothing airs down quicker than pulling the valve core.

Or airs up either.

ETA; well beaking the entire stem off does LOL
But you have to takenit out it takes out

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
that's pretty cool.
i'd just be afraid that after buying those, they'd come out with some that would air down in 9 seconds and i'd be stuck with these....
We really should have a competition for all these types of things. Whoever gets to the trail head first, airs down first, gets to camp, sets up, eats, gets a shower, breaks down & packs up camp, back to trail head, airs up and gets home first wins!! LOL

North American Sojourner

Rank VI

Influencer I

Mid-Missouri, MO, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Zimmer
Member #

Service Branch
USN (ret)
I don't understand the whole time saving thing. The idea of getting out there is to relax, and enjoy the beauty of out lands. A few minutes to air down will not matter to me.
A good air chuck will do fine. Deflates to within .5psi. I've had this on for a few decades, half the cost and can air up the tire too.
Zim
IMG-1635.JPG
Spend $9.99 and have this in the tool bag. If you tear off a valve stem you'll need this to pull a new one through the hole unless you're really really good with a set of dikes. LOL
remover.jpeg

Reactions: MOAK and KSOverland

Camguti

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Phoenix, Maricopa County, Arizona, United States
First Name
Cameron
Last Name
Gutierrez
Member #

I don't understand the whole time saving thing. The idea of getting out there is to relax, and enjoy the beauty of out lands. A few minutes to air down will not matter to me.
A good air chuck will do fine. Deflates to within .5psi. I've had this on for a few decades, half the cost and can air up the tire too.
Zim
View attachment 217392
Spend $9.99 and have this in the tool bag. If you tear off a valve stem you'll need this to pull a new one through the hole unless you're really really good with a set of dikes. LOL
View attachment 217394
I agree 100%. Airing down or up can give you time to check your tires, suspension, and decompress, especially after a trail run. At the end of the day it’s what works best for you.

I do have to admit I use a 4 way deflator/inflator system with a C02 tank. I couldn’t stand being outside in the Arizona heat… it’s not fun. Plus, my air compressor would start to over heat on the 3rd tire.