Air Rifles

• HTML tutorial

Renz

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

santa Monica
Member #

I'm glad to see there are some air gunners on this forum, airguns are one of my passions, this is my lasted acquisition, this is a PCP bullpup made by FX Airguns, its called the Impact, it has interchangeable barrels, from .117-.22-.25 and .30 cal.

britz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Musselshell, Idaho
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6YTI
I have a Gamo Big Cat. Break barrel. Not stealthy at all, about as loud as a .22lr, but it's great for taking small grouse and rabbit and not wasting .22 ammo.

Rexplorer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Educator I

Lake Country, BC, Canada
Member #

i have an old single shot .177 that is stamped "made in ussr" so it's kinda old. no scope or anything, but super fun and crazy accurate open sights. usually we bring a bag or 2 of green plastic army guys, but it's got us a grouse or 2 as well.

Reactions: 9Mike2

SpryWanderer

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler III

Atlanta, GA, USA
First Name
Sam
Last Name
W.
Member #

A little late in the game here, but may someone will see . . .

I was looking at camp supplies at Walmart and happened to see their selection of air rifles, which started at $20. I'm sure it's not great, but I figured $20 for some camp entertainment wouldn't hurt.

My questions are:
1) Legality of traveling around the country (namely California) with one of these stored in the back? As well as just generally storing it in my car?
2) Assuming I'm at a back country site with no one close by, and I set up a good backstop etc., are there other concerns I need to have?

SpryWanderer

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler III

Atlanta, GA, USA
First Name
Sam
Last Name
W.
Member #

My questions are:
1) Legality of traveling around the country (namely California) with one of these stored in the back? As well as just generally storing it in my car?
2) Assuming I'm at a back country site with no one close by, and I set up a good backstop etc., are there other concerns I need to have?
Answering my own first question. This site (link) summarizes the laws in each state. It looks like my current state, GA, is one of the more strict as far as use while overlanding or camping. So it's a no go for me at this point.

I would still appreciate answers to the second question for future reference. Thanks!

Reactions: Offroadnutz

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

A little late in the game here, but may someone will see . . .

I was looking at camp supplies at Walmart and happened to see their selection of air rifles, which started at $20. I'm sure it's not great, but I figured $20 for some camp entertainment wouldn't hurt.

My questions are:
There are citys with restrictions on air rifles. If you get pulled over just about anywhere your going to be treated as though youve got a real gun until the leo figures out what it is and releases it back.
In the back country as you say there can be a problem with game wardens especially if you have no hunting license and or nothing is in season or even allow to be hunted with air rifle. Here poachers take head shots on deer with the .22 benjamins.

Offroadnutz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Texas/Missouri
First Name
Steven
Last Name
M
Member #

Answering my own first question. This site (link) summarizes the laws in each state. It looks like my current state, GA, is one of the more strict as far as use while overlanding or camping. So it's a no go for me at this point.

I would still appreciate answers to the second question for future reference. Thanks!
Good info on that site. Thanks for sharing.

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
Since we are not allowed to discharge firearms in town limits and we are very limited on which weapons we are allowed to own here, I have decided that airguns are the way to go. I can set up a cool range in the back of my house, no one will know we are down there. I am starting to collect a bunch of different ones. handguns, rifles, AR style airguns, etc. And they are mostly cheap as chips! so much fun. I know most dont like them because they don't go bang, but they are awesome!

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Since we are not allowed to discharge firearms in town limits and we are very limited on which weapons we are allowed to own here, I have decided that airguns are the way to go. I can set up a cool range in the back of my house, no one will know we are down there. I am starting to collect a bunch of different ones. handguns, rifles, AR style airguns, etc. And they are mostly cheap as chips! so much fun. I know most dont like them because they don't go bang, but they are awesome!
What do you plan to do with em? The bb guns that look like real guns are only good for robbing a store or getting shot by police . 22 like the benamin sheridans can easily take deer at 75 yards. I get bb guns have become more popular for things around the farm like taking groundhogs and other small critters but then again so have silencers on 22lrs. From what ive heard its really not very hard to get a real firearm in canada you just cant get all the cool hi cap mags most of the states here have.

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
All the AR style stuff and handguns are all restricted weapons. I am just popping off targets with them. Having fun. no noise in my back garden. etc. Modding them for fun. Just like the "men" do with their real ones that go bang.

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

All the AR style stuff and handguns are all restricted weapons. I am just popping off targets with them. Having fun. no noise in my back garden. etc. Modding them for fun. Just like the "men" do with their real ones that go bang.
Cool just wondering if you plan to hunt with em. Alot of The airsoft stuff is great for training muscle memory and if you want to practice in the house. I admit ive got an ar15 airsoft i use for training aid when i dont want to burn real ammo or call attention to myself or rainy day , its full auto electric so thats pretty fun too.

MeHere!

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Somerville, MA, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Witkus
Member #

Wow, cool link...It looks like I am good to go in New England...

Reactions: kimmonia