First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Service Branch
Marine Corps
Greetings OB!

The wife wanted a little more luxury in a trailer then what some of the teardrop/box trailers had as far as standing room and amenities. She had her mind set on the Black Series which she saw at Overland Expo West 2019. After a lot of research and digging on both the web and RV dealers, we found the Air OPUS Off-Road 2-SLEEPER (Camper Trailer/pop up)!

OPUS Camper 'US"

Great off road trailer in Australia and it fully inflates in 90 Seconds using Air Beams instead of poles and full set up time in less than 5 minutes. Yes, the air beams were tested with helo rotor wash to simulate wind and fire hose for rain. We decided the 2 sleeper was more than enough compared to the 4 sleeper which has a similar size and footprint and for under $30,000, it is affordable, durable, and spacious to take on off-road adventures.

Colors Available:Orange, Blue, Matte Black, Metallic Gray
Dimensions (Lid Closed):16' 2'' (including spare wheel) x 6' 8 '' x 5' 1''
Dimension (Lid Open):18' 4'' x 6' 8'' x 11' 6''
Ground Clearance:12.4'
Chasis Construction:Shocks/coil springs, no axle, lock’n’roll hitch (fits 2’’ hitch receiver)
Ride Height:5' 1"
Bed Size:6’1” x 4’
Trailer Dry Weight:2777lbs
Tongue Weight:242lbs
GVWR (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating):3970lbs
Load Capacity:1000lbs
Power Supply:12v & 120v

I noticed the chassis is a popular design used by OPUS, Black Series (Dominator and Patron), Skamper Kampers (Dingo) and Sterling (EZYTrail) Pop up style campers. If it is being used by multiple manufactures in the Australian Outback, it must be pretty good!

Does anyone own or have any experience with the OPUS style trailer on the trail? (Tips, Gripes, etc,)

(Yes, we looked at Patriot Campers but the price is up there) :)

Air OPUS Off-Road 2-SLEEPER.PNGAir OPUS Off-Road 2-SLEEPER -1.PNGAir OPUS Off-Road 2-SLEEPER -2.PNGAir OPUS Off-Road 2-SLEEPER suspension.PNG

texascascio

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Denton Texas
Member #

I have the OPUS off-road Air 4 sleeper and I love it! I have added a TON of tweaks if you want me to post them here for you?

View attachment 103838View attachment 103839
Just one example, I wanted to have a placed for my on-demand hot water where I did not have to carry it in another tote. So here I can keep it when not in use out of the way in unused space behind the fridge.
IMG_1894.jpgIMG_1895.jpgIMG_1896.jpgIMG_1897.jpgIMG_1898.jpg

Miller8152

Rank IV

Advocate III

Moorpark, CA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Service Branch
Marine Corps

free to go

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Sonoma, CA, USA
First Name
J
Last Name
Newman
Member #

Great to read about your opus trailer.
We are still looking and possibly considering buying one. We have a 2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD pro not sure how it will pull this trailer what do you think?

Reactions: Miller8152

Miller8152

Rank IV

Advocate III

Moorpark, CA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Service Branch
Marine Corps
Great to read about your opus trailer.
We are still looking and possibly considering buying one. We have a 2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD pro not sure how it will pull this trailer what do you think?
It should pull fine. I will be pulling it with a 4runner and both have a similer towing capacity. Just make sure to instal a brake controller. I installed a RedArc Brake controller and it works great (small and compact).

Miller8152

Rank IV

Advocate III

Moorpark, CA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Service Branch
Marine Corps

Kurt Z

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Mt Juliet, TN
First Name
Kurt
Last Name
Zimmermann
Member #

I

It is Offical! We are picking up out OPUS Trailer directly from Paul (USA OPOS Rep) in the bay area next week! I will be sure to post some pictures.
Congats!!! I have been eyeballing an Opus as well. Working on convincing my other half we would get enough use out of it for it to be worth spending the money.

Kurt Z

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Mt Juliet, TN
First Name
Kurt
Last Name
Zimmermann
Member #

I have the OPUS off-road Air 4 sleeper and I love it! I have added a TON of tweaks if you want me to post them here for you?

View attachment 103838View attachment 103839
Nice trailer! If you don't mind me asking what options did you get with your trailer and do you mind giving the ballpark figure you got out the door with it from the dealer (some people are not comfortable sharing pricing so no sweat if you dont want to)?

SubeeBen

Rank V

Advocate I

Alpine, CA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Jacques
Member #

Beautiful looking setup. Congrats on the new trailer & keep your adventures posted.

bgenlvtex

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Texas and Alaska
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #

How about a little thread resurrection?

Going to look at a 4 sleeper tomorrow, it's on my short short list

Morehouse Expedition

Rank VI
Launch Member

Explorer I

Utah, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Morehouse
Member #

Service Branch
I.S. Navy
I think it’s going to be the 4 sleeper with the full annex for us as well one of my questions though really hasn’t been answered how often does the compressor start to maintain the frame

Reactions: Redbear

Casey S

Rank 0

Contributor I

I think it’s going to be the 4 sleeper with the full annex for us as well one of my questions though really hasn’t been answered how often does the compressor start to maintain the frame
I just bought a 4 sleeper, used it this week. The compressor only turned on the one time when I first set of up. Was up for 2 days. What an awesome trailer this thing is

Morehouse Expedition

Rank VI
Launch Member

Explorer I

Utah, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Morehouse
Member #

Service Branch
I.S. Navy
I just bought a 4 sleeper, used it this week. The compressor only turned on the one time when I first set of up. Was up for 2 days. What an awesome trailer this thing is
That’s great to hear I was afraid the compressor would keep coming in. Can’t wait to get one !!!!

Reactions: Miller8152

Contributor I

It is Offical! We are picking up out OPUS Trailer directly from Paul (USA OPOS Rep) in the bay area next week! I will be sure to post some pictures.
How'd you manage to do this? Since I'm local to Opus' U.S. facility in Pittsburg, I went over and talked with Paul about 6 months ago. But not only did he tell me that I could not buy directly from him, he also couldn't show me anything about the trailers because of concerns over my "safety" in and around the shop - he referred me to the closest RV dealership. Okay fine, I begrudgingly went over there and found out that their salesmen turned out to know even less about the trailers than I did. Instead of getting my own questions answered, I wound up educating them all about the different models. Paul lost a sale because of this experience, but I guess I'm still interested in the trailer since I'm perusing this thread.