Enthusiast III

Hueytown, AL, USA
First Name
Jonny
Last Name
Cochrane
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5DGM
I'm wondering if anyone has tried some of the cheaper A/T tire brands, such as ones that are available at Walmart. specifically I'm interested in the Travelstar Ecopath A/T. They look nice an have generally positive reviews, and and the price is pretty hard to beat if they're decent. Are there any other lesser known tire brands/models that are good for the money? I currently have 265/65r17s, (31'') so I'd be looking for something around that size.

I've had a set of Antares SMT A7 A/Ts before and liked them, but their price has gone up to the point that I might as well just buy Coopers... I'd love a set of KO2s, but they're too expensive for me at this point. Are there any truly decent or even good A/T tires in the sub $130 range? Any suggestions are welcome, even if it's to say that I should just suck it up and buy the more expensive ones! Thanks!

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
I would bite the bullet and get something good when it comes to tires, I made that mistake this year and bought off brand mt tires. I should have bought bfg at like I was going to but I got these for 300 bucks cheaper. Won't make that mistake again.

TexasGMG

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Hell
First Name
Fuck
Last Name
Off
Milestar Patagonia A/T R All- Terrain Radial Tire-265/65R17 112T for $104.38 each here. You'll have to find someone to mount them.

Alanymarce

Rank IV

Trail Mechanic III

Colombia
No idea whether they're available where you are, however when we were looking for a BFG T/A to replace a blown tyre the shop (which had the BFGs) recommended Toyo Open Country AT - they told us that the tyre is as good as the BFG but was significant;ly cheaper. We took one and have now gone to Toyos to replace all but one of the other tyres, and plan to replace the last with another Toyo when that wears out. The Toyos are good on the highway, good on gravel and mud, and good on rock and sand. We're happy with them, after experience with Dunlop, Pirelli, Yokohama, and BFG ATs.

S

softroad.406

I'm running the Hankook AT2's, they were fairly cheap and they have been great tires

Reactions: WilhelmB

Dusther210

Rank VI

Influencer I

Oakland, Bergen County, New Jersey, United States
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Helms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2UNH
I love my West Lake SL369 235/85r16 tires. They were like 100$ each. Had them over a year, not a single problem. I will be getting them in 285/75r16 when they ever decide to wear out.
Quiet and well behaved on highway, good traction off pavement and in snow, over 30,000 miles and still looking fresh

Offroadnutz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Texas/Missouri
First Name
Steven
Last Name
M
Member #

I run Pathfinder AT’s. Their Discount Tires house brand. I’ve put a lot of hard trail miles on them and am extremely surprised how they have held up.

systemdelete

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Nashville, TN
First Name
Erik
Last Name
Rumbaugh
Member #

I was able to find the exact same tires I loved on my previous rig on sale at amazon, then got my local discount tire to match the price.

Attachments

Reactions: Dusther210

bamakojon

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Hueytown, AL, USA
First Name
Jonny
Last Name
Cochrane
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5DGM
I was able to find the exact same tires I loved on my previous rig on sale at amazon, then got my local discount tire to match the price.
Man, if I could find KO2's for less than $100 I would be ecstatic! Unfortunately for me everything seems to get more expensive when you move up to 17" rims...

I'm thinking I'll look around for some black Friday deals. If anyone here knows of our hears about something crazy, let me know!

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
The way I look at tires is buy once cry once. Yep there are cheap tires available, but 9 times out of 10 they wear so fast you would pay less in the long run. I have been there and am there now. I saved 400 bucks buying the tires I have on the Jeep now, thought I would give them a go, and now, they will be being replaced by big this spring. Saved nothing in the long run.

Reactions: softroad.406