Launch Member

Advocate II

Colorado, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Lap
Member #

I have enjoyed doing the work on the Jeep. I have been able to do it all so far. Lift and all.

Indy Blue Overland
That's awesome! It's a great thing to do. Gets you to know the vehicle better and you are more knowledgeable if you need to do a trail fix. I grew up around cars so I have been extremely lucky. On my free time I enjoy helping others out so they can learn as well!

Reactions: OKLAoverland

KellyS

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Anderson, SC
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Slatton
Member #

@scubasteve2002 I've been wondering how the hood opens with the way the snorkel runs? I know that may be a stupid question but I have zero snorkel experience.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

scubasteve2002

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Colorado, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Lap
Member #

@scubasteve2002 I've been wondering how the hood opens with the way the snorkel runs? I know that may be a stupid question but I have zero snorkel experience.

It actually opens like normal. You can even open the hood all the way back to the windshield if need be. I was surprised!!

KellyS

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Anderson, SC
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Slatton
Member #

It actually opens like normal. You can even open the hood all the way back to the windshield if need be. I was surprised!!
Ok cool! I wasn't sure if the mirror or windshield frame would be in the way. The things that pop in your head in the middle of the night.

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

scubasteve2002

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Colorado, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Lap
Member #

Nice write up on the AEV snorkel install. After reading your write up I am now confident to break out the cutting wheel.

Thank you! Glad this write up could help build confidence. If you have any questions that were not covered in the write up just let me know.

Desert Ham

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Escondido, CA
Member #

Hi Y'all, Has anyone installed the AEV Pre-Filter with their AEV Snorkel? This is a very high tech piece of gear made by SY-KLONE who makes pre-filters for 18 wheelers, D-10 Cats, etc, plus all military trucks. AEV provides no instructions and I don't want to mess it up. I contacted SY-KLONE but have yet to receive a reply. Any assistance would be appreciated.
Fred