Enthusiast I

Denver CO
First Name
Edy
Last Name
Coyote
Member #

Thanks for your reply,
With the Wolf, it didn't make a blind spot but its a good idea to put a mock cardboard tyre up to see if that's an issue. as for hitting things, the only time I hit anything is when off-roading and I was in a deep rut. the tyre was touching the ground on the wall of the rut. Good point.
I was looking at the swing arm on the back but i was just thinking of other ideas as I may want to use the back for fuel and water Jerry cans on a double swing arm.
I own a 90s Silverado. I went to a junk yard and pulled a rear spare swing arm of a Nissan I believe. I just took some measurements wondered around a d found one that fit. Of most importance was that the tail lights fit perfectly between the mounting hinges. Just drilled holes through the rear quarter panel put some big bolts and lock nuts a d am good too go. I also put a Jerry can holder on the arm too. Has worked great a d only cost lixe $40

Reactions: Fozzy325

Fozzy325

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Calgary, AB, Canada
Member #

I own a 90s Silverado. I went to a junk yard and pulled a rear spare swing arm of a Nissan I believe. I just took some measurements wondered around a d found one that fit. Of most importance was that the tail lights fit perfectly between the mounting hinges. Just drilled holes through the rear quarter panel put some big bolts and lock nuts a d am good too go. I also put a Jerry can holder on the arm too. Has worked great a d only cost lixe $40
Have you a picture?

Edy Coyote

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Denver CO
First Name
Edy
Last Name
Coyote
Member #

Have you a picture?
I'll post one as soon as I can. If anyone goes this route they should also remember to make sure the studs match the bolt pattern on the spare. Mine was a tiny bit off which made the center metal support off. I had to chop it of and re weld. My wheels are 8 lug so they're kind of a rarity. Most people might not run into this problem.

Fozzy325

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Calgary, AB, Canada
Member #

Ok thanks to Edy, it has inspired me to do this with my stock bumper and just make brackets to attach to the metal bumper below the plastic,

Concept,

Use two front supporting arms from a scrap vehicle.
1. For wheel mount
2. For fuel tank mount

Will utilize the door latch and clap from two doors. To lock the swinging arms onto the bumper

Will look for two drive shafts to be the rotating pin

Fozzy325

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Calgary, AB, Canada
Member #

Ok, so i have worked it out.. after looking at different things the lower control arm is an option but i will need to modify loads of things.
Then i though of a Lambo Door hinge.
This is going to save so much money and if it can hold a door in weight it will hold a spare wheel,

HTB1k.UJHpXXXXXnXVXXq6xXFXXXh.jpg

Edy Coyote

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Denver CO
First Name
Edy
Last Name
Coyote
Member #

Ok, so i have worked it out.. after looking at different things the lower control arm is an option but i will need to modify loads of things.
Then i though of a Lambo Door hinge.
This is going to save so much money and if it can hold a door in weight it will hold a spare wheel,

View attachment 82303
That hinge looks pretty solid. Looks like it's going to be successful mod so far.