• HTML tutorial

Shane_ONeil

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Manassas, Virginia, USA
Member #

I'm looking into bracket mounting options for MaxTrax boards on my 04 Xterra with a Gobi Stealth.

What brackets do you use and/or recommend? Thanks in advance!

Moderators, my apologies if this is in the wrong sub forum.

Attachments

Enthusiast III

Phoenix, AZ
I used 4 bolts with large flat washers through the Gobi's metal mesh and then up through the MaxTrax mounting holes/carry holes. I ran the bolt with a large washer up through the mesh, added a washer atop the mesh and then a nut tightened down. That gave me a stud to stick up through the MaxTrax. Add another large washer and wing nut on top and you have secured your MaxTrax. I used a bike lock cable for security. Has worked for several years now.

Reactions: 4RUNNER72

Ldstruckn

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Ivins, Utah, United States
First Name
joseph
Last Name
johnson
Member #

Service Branch
US ARMY
i just ratchet strap mine to the spare tire when I head out. That way I have no issues with thieves. It also helps to live in Wyoming where people don't steal from each other. We leave our cars running in the walmart parking lot here while we head in.

houlds

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

New Hampshire
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Houlds
Member #

I know you posted this a while ago but on my 4Runner gobi I use Gzila Designs mounts with the Gobi Pins, It ran me about $100 if I recall correctly for both items when I did it. Can mount them flat, upright or at any angle. I love them when I use them.