Launch Member

Traveler III

Hayden, Idaho, United States
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Jacobson
Member #

My son and his JK are coming up from San Diego the week after Mother’s Day. I’m trying to find a moderate trail( challenging without carnage) in the Lake Tahoe basin. He’s always dreamed of the Rubicon , not doing that in my LC Wagon! But I was thing the Mickinley/Rubicon road from the lake to the observation point at top of Cadillac hill. Should be a good trip ,yea? As I recall there are a couple spots that take some finesse. Make a day of it. Thoughts? He and his boys are staying at north lake,thus my trail choice.

renodemona

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sparks, NV, USA
First Name
Glenn
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7TCT
Tons of Trails in the area! Not all necessarily in the Tahoe Basin, but here are some:
Jumbo Grade from Washoe Valley to Virginia City, great views at the top and some fun obstacles plus well traveled if you want to find new friends.
Genoa Peak Trail, winds through the forest between Spooner Summit and 207/Tramway in S Lake Tahoe. Easy trail with AMAZING views.
Kings Canyon, runs from Carson City up to Spooner Summit/US50. Good trail, very heavy traffic some days and quite narrow, but great views into Carson valley

Two Sheds

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Hayden, Idaho, United States
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Jacobson
Member #

I’ve done that end section of Rubicon from top of Cadillac to staging area a long time ago...some “Rough spots” for sure. Still looking for options. His JK W/35s can go where my LC Wagon on 33”s cannot..

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
You might think about Mickinley/Rubicon to Richardson Lake then over to Bear Lake and Ellis Peak. Not a bad one day trip.