irish44j

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Fairfax County, VA, USA
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Hickey
I recently picked up a hose to run from my 5lb propane bottle to my old Coleman stove so I can stop using the 1lb disposables. Works fine, as expected. But then I went to use it on my Jetboil Halfgen and.....apparently it has a different (finer) thread pitch on the screw-on adaptor than the other two Coleman-style stoves I have. WTF.

I usually just use the Jetboil for hiking so wouldn't have a big tank anyhow, but sometimes I like to use it with the rig rather than dig out the bigger stove, so would like it to work with the 5lb tank as well. Anyone aware of an adaptor to go between the hose and the Jetboil (e.g. something with the coleman-pitch thread on one end and finer Jetboil thread on the other)? I'm not much of an expert on propane fittings so want to make sure I'm getting the right thing.

Thx.

NMNomad

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Rio Rancho, NM, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Foskey
That's good to know. I just tossed a regular hose in to use the genesis with the larger tanks. I guess I better check to see if it fits. I appreciate the heads up.

Dave in AZ

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Arizona, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Mac
By the way, not JetBoil, but Primus has a great online resource with this adapter guide:

Primus Adapter Guide – Primus Equipment US
This guide is great, downloaded it, thx. However, this clearly explains why Dan Grec from The Road Chose Me, is so against using propane for international travel. He says refilling and acquisition and hookup is terrible going through African countries, each has it's own propane valves and you never know what.

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

This guide is great, downloaded it, thx. However, this clearly explains why Dan Grec from The Road Chose Me, is so against using propane for international travel. He says refilling and acquisition and hookup is terrible going through African countries, each has it's own propane valves and you never know what.

South America runs on propane, filling can be a challenging experience getting adaptors.