Accessory straps/hooks you bring with your Slumberjack Roadhouse tarp?

• HTML tutorial

wahoowad

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Virginia, USA
First Name
Wilbur
Last Name
McGee
Does anybody use additional straps or hooks to suspend their Slumberjack Roadhouse tarp? It seems a pretty versatile rain tarp - maybe made even more so by good ideas people have already figured out. Any suggestions for additional equipment to keep packed with it?

Pathfinder I

Pacific Northwest
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Claggett
Service Branch
U. S. Army
Just some brand off Amazon, 7.5 foot, extra pegs and cord you can make several configurations. The Roadhouse kit comes with a nice set of poles, pegs and cord.
I've had several different sleeping arrangements and I think the Roadhouse and Softopper are the quickest to setup or take down, it's dry, easy to heat.

saillakeerie

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Chagrin Falls
Member #

I carry a second set of adjustable poles. If I remember correctly there are 5 tie outs along the outer edge. My typical setup is high pole (one of the ones that came with it) in spot 3 and then 2 poles that are slightly shorter in holes 2 and 4. Holes 1 and 5 are guyed to the ground. Each pole and corner grommet has 2 guy lines. I run a single line off the 2 side points mainly to direct water runoff. Has stood up well to wind and torrential rain the only thing I haven't had it up in is heavy wet snow.

rho

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

SF bae area
First Name
Juliette
Last Name
Penning
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG6YB
@Pi_Baker and I just picked up one of these... looks like it's an awesome tarp and a good alternative to a fixed awning on my soft top jeep. we'll post back here when we've played with it a bit

wahoowad

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Virginia, USA
First Name
Wilbur
Last Name
McGee
FYI - Slumberjack does not sell spare poles if you want to try a configuration that uses more than the 2 supplied poles. I did a pretty exhaustive search for an economical aftermarket additional pole and finally settled on this one from Amazon. You get 2 poles, and while not as substantial as the excellent ones provided by Slumberjack, they seem perfectly suitable and were only $15 for a pair. They arrived and I am pleased with them. You can use as many sections as you like to make it as tall or short as needed.

Here is my setup using 3 poles (Slumberjack poles in front, a stick in the back but will replace the stick next trip with one of these poles)