About to start a new build

• HTML tutorial

xKennyx

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler I

Recently my Jeep Cherokee XJ was totaled. After about a month of going back and forth with insurance companies, I'm finally about to get a suitable reimbursement and start my overland journey all over again. Since I know the direction I want to go and I'll be working from (hopefully) a stock vehicle, I wanted to get some advice from the pros! The first thing I'm looking at (since I already have some armor and a front bumper set aside) is a lift kit. I'm partial to Old Man Emu, but that may only be because I've read some good reviews and I had a steering stabilizer from them that was really nice. I'm also considering the Rubicon Express kits because I see a lot of Jeeps running those (so they must be good, right?). Anyways, what do you think?

xKennyx

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler I

Yeah, I'll be doing another XJ. I have a hefty amount of armor/accessories set aside that I didn't get to put on my last one.

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
On the Jeep forums, Old Man Emu and Rubicon Express seem pretty popular. But I've no experience with either of them. May want to post on one of the Jeep forums for a lot more insight. Sorry I'm not much help.