Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Ball Ground, GA, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
McCloskey
Member #

Welp, the bumper went on relatively painlessly. Took a couple of hours. No directions with it, so figuring out which bolts went where was annoying, but not bad. Got the bumper on, then moved right onto putting together and mounting the winch (9.5k Smittybilt XRC).

Once that was done, I installed new halogen driving lights (Quadratec's 7" 55w DOT/SAE compliant). The old LED light bar wouldn't fit, and I really wanted some lights that I could leave on without blinding others. These do the trick for sure.

driver.jpg
front.jpg
pass.jpg

Reactions: CapeFearXJ00

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Welp, that was it. As posted elsewhere, the Jeep died and left me stranded one time too many. I broke down (literally :laughing::laughing:) and got a 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road. I'll start another build thread for it later on. Thanks for watching my build!

Dude!!! What happened?

benmmc

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Ball Ground, GA, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
McCloskey
Member #

Dude!!! What happened?
It was the cooling system again. I've replaced every piece of it at least three times (including the heater core). Overheated again on the way to meet a client, and I just made the decision. Loved building and driving the Jeep, but I need something that I don't have to mess with (unless I want to of course) [emoji1].

Posted from my phone using the OB app, so typos are likely!
@blue_taco

benmmc

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Ball Ground, GA, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
McCloskey
Member #

I've also owned two other Toyota 4x4 trucks, and always missed them deep down. Now that they make the nice four door models with nice off road packages, I figured what the hell. [emoji106][emoji106]

@blue_taco

Reactions: Daniel Etter

Overland-Indiana

Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

It was the cooling system again. I've replaced every piece of it at least three times (including the heater core). Overheated again on the way to meet a client, and I just made the decision. Loved building and driving the Jeep, but I need something that I don't have to mess with (unless I want to of course) [emoji1].

@blue_taco

Sell me the bumper :)

Overland-Indiana

Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Already sold the whole Jeep, but I kept the roof rack (for sale), winch, and a couple other little things. I was banned from working on it any more at the end. :)

Dammit! lol Well, good luck with your new build! I have decided my XJ is no longer a build but instead it is a restore!