Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Reed
Member #

Haven’t decided on a color yet so I thought I would post it up and let everyone else decide. I’m between black and red. Black would be more subtle, but red would be different.

This is a RAM mount that sits in the storage tray above my radio. I know a lot of wrangler and Tacoma guys love the ram mounts for holding their phones/gps/etc for off-roading. If you’re not familiar with them they use a ball and socket system to mount your stuff in place. Very secure for when you’re bouncing around on trails. Another frontier owner on this forum had one made and he gave me the contact info for his welder. He was more than happy to make me one too! His welds look good and I can’t imagine he’s making a huge profit on these. Nice to know there are still folks out there willing to put their time into making good products. 102088

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
If you don’t have any other touches of red anywhere I’d go with black. But if you colored it the same gray as the dash it would hid scratches better.

Matthew Reed

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Reed
Member #

If you don’t have any other touches of red anywhere I’d go with black. But if you colored it the same gray as the dash it would hid scratches better.
If I can get the color match close the silver on the dash would look good.

Reactions: RoarinRow

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Haven’t decided on a color yet so I thought I would post it up and let everyone else decide. I’m between black and red. Black would be more subtle, but red would be different.

This is a RAM mount that sits in the storage tray above my radio. I know a lot of wrangler and Tacoma guys love the ram mounts for holding their phones/gps/etc for off-roading. If you’re not familiar with them they use a ball and socket system to mount your stuff in place. Very secure for when you’re bouncing around on trails. Another frontier owner on this forum had one made and he gave me the contact info for his welder. He was more than happy to make me one too! His welds look good and I can’t imagine he’s making a huge profit on these. Nice to know there are still folks out there willing to put their time into making good products. View attachment 102088

View attachment 102087
Nice job, I'd stay with the dash color too. Just don't paint it pink ! :smiley:

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I’ll definitely paint it pink now, just for you.
Bashful Pink's not bad ! (ugh) Really Black of dash color I think is nice. I don't know what your going to put in it cause I'm not up on electronics at all, but even as a catch all it's a handy thing to have up there. I'm sure it will serve whatever purpose you want. The man did a good job on the welding and the whole devise looks like it's a part of the original equipment.

Matthew Reed

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Reed
Member #

Bashful Pink's not bad ! (ugh) Really Black of dash color I think is nice. I don't know what your going to put in it cause I'm not up on electronics at all, but even as a catch all it's a handy thing to have up there. I'm sure it will serve whatever purpose you want. The man did a good job on the welding and the whole devise looks like it's a part of the original equipment.
I decided to go with silver. I had some silver engine paint left over from when I rebuilt the 4.0 in my Jeep and I think it’s a close match to the dash. Should look pretty good. Once I get it installed tonight and I get my phone mount on there I’ll post some pictures to give you a better idea of what it’s purpose is

Matthew Reed

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Reed
Member #

Here’s the finished product with my mount installed. The leftover engine paint I had was actually a halfway decent match!102189102190

The arm for the phone mount is actually a little long, I’m going to try and see if they offer a shorter one but other than that it’s great. Phone should be very secure for off-road and is in a much more accessible position for every day driving.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I decided to go with silver. I had some silver engine paint left over from when I rebuilt the 4.0 in my Jeep and I think it’s a close match to the dash. Should look pretty good. Once I get it installed tonight and I get my phone mount on there I’ll post some pictures to give you a better idea of what it’s purpose is
Thanks, I'm always interested in what you guys do to your rigs. I only know what I like when I see something similar. My problem is my mind doesn't know the body is too old to do a lot of things anymore. I should be sitting in a rocking chair watching my kids do things like this, but they don't.

Matthew Reed

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Reed
Member #

Thanks, I'm always interested in what you guys do to your rigs. I only know what I like when I see something similar. My problem is my mind doesn't know the body is too old to do a lot of things anymore. I should be sitting in a rocking chair watching my kids do things like this, but they don't.
I’m quickly on my way to being there with you. Trying to get as much done in my life as I can before I start getting too old.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I’m quickly on my way to being there with you. Trying to get as much done in my life as I can before I start getting too old.
What age is that. :coldsweat: I have grandkids twice your age and a great grand daughter your age. You'll never get old if you keep living the clean life you are now. Happy Long Long Trails Matthew

Matthew Reed

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Reed
Member #

What age is that. :coldsweat: I have grandkids twice your age and a great grand daughter your age. You'll never get old if you keep living the clean life you are now. Happy Long Long Trails Matthew
Hahaha. I’m quickly on my way. The last 3 years had flown by. The 4 before that did the same. Feels like yesterday I was still in college.

LD5050

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Longview, Texas, USA
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Armstrong
Member #

Great looking truck, and nice RAM mount mod! I’m in the market for a ‘15 Titan Pro 4x right now.

Matthew Reed

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Reed
Member #

Did another very small modification today. My Frontier came with Nissans Utilitrack system for the bed, but unfortunately the previous owner kept all of the tie down cleats. They’re probably sitting in a garage or shed somewhere and will never be used again. Alas.

Went to Home Depot and for $35 in hardware I made 4 of my own (not as fancy as the Nissan ones) as well as a rail to hold my tool boxes under my high lift jack. Still need to work on the rail to make it a little easier to loosen and get the boxes out. One has tools in it and the other has some of my lesser used recovery gear. My trusty old recovery strap stays in the cab along with a couple other things. Extra straps, chain, snatch blocks, etc go in the bed. There’s just not enough room for everything inside unfortunately. 102314102315

Matthew Reed

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Reed
Member #

Well, I did it. I said goodbye to my Cherokee. This was a vehicle I always wanted to own and I’m glad I got the chance have one for a little while. I don’t think I’ll be taking on a project like this one for awhile.

Started out as a stock 2wd auto. Using a donor car I converted it to a 4WD 5 speed. Lots of modifications, lots of fun, lots of... breaking down.

I sold it to a fellow military Jeeper. He drove 5 hours to come get it!

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Well, I did it. I said goodbye to my Cherokee. This was a vehicle I always wanted to own and I’m glad I got the chance have one for a little while. I don’t think I’ll be taking on a project like this one for awhile.

Started out as a stock 2wd auto. Using a donor car I converted it to a 4WD 5 speed. Lots of modifications, lots of fun, lots of... breaking down.

I sold it to a fellow military Jeeper. He drove 5 hours to come get it!

View attachment 103134
That WAS a tall order. Like you I have always wanted one but not enough to go through a change over so severe.