• HTML tutorial

Trail_pilot

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
It's always good to know how to fix or patch a rig back together to get off the trail. I have been places and met people under that circumstance alone. The rig in the picture, I had never me the owner before, he came up and obstacle with too much wheel spin and the driver's front tire grabbed a rock. That in turn broke the u-joint, which opened up the ears on the axle shaft and blew the ball joints out of that side of the axle causing the wheel to o ly be held to the vehicle by the steering as seen in the picture. We ran a snatch block to a tree and winches the truck up onto 3 wheels from the roll cage, replaced ball joints (he sent his buddy into town for parts) and he drove out of that trail in 3 wheel drive lol.
IMG_20181003_071508_980.jpg
Myself I have broke u-joints, shocks and even had to lash my engine mount to the frame rail with rope( it dropped down slightly just enough for the fan to catch the shroud and make terrible noises) because the bushing decided it had had enough bouncing around.
It's always good to know how to fix stuff even if you never actually have to. Especially when we travel as far off the beaten path as most of us do.

Attachments

Reactions: Robert OB 33/48

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
we would have handled that differently in south louisiana....that's an easy "1 beer" repair

tr.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Robert OB 33/48