A couple days exploring Cherokee, Pisgah and Nantahala Nat'l Forest

• HTML tutorial

justjames

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Member #

Here's about 150 miles of mostly forest service dirt and gravel. It starts in Blowing Rock in case you need to supply with some expensive tourist type stuff and winds around the area including Wilson Creek, Table Rock and Linville Gorge.

This is my first time of uploading a file so I hope it works.........

Attachments

Trailex

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor III

Raleigh, NC
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Kurtz
Here's about 150 miles of mostly forest service dirt and gravel. It starts in Blowing Rock in case you need to supply with some expensive tourist type stuff and winds around the area including Wilson Creek, Table Rock and Linville Gorge.

Rock and roll!!! Worked great! Thanks much.

Attachments

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Doh, thought I was replying to justjames. Hah. Is it a Gmaps link?
I thought that was a link to the map in google maps. Let me work on it some tonight. I'm going to be around the computer filling out some QSL cards and I'll try to get a link to it up. I had shared it somewhere (thought it was here) so people could access it to add routes to it or download it.

justjames

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Member #

I ran this route in early March and some of the side roads off this route were gated. The top portion of Table Rock was gated and will open April 1 so I hope the side trails will do the same.

Reactions: TerryD

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Try this @Trailex

Click on the little box with the arrow in the upper right corner of the map

When it comes up in drive, click "Open in Google My Maps" at the top of the page. (You may have to be signed into Google for this to work properly.)

Reactions: Merritt

Trailex

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor III

Raleigh, NC
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Kurtz
Try this @Trailex

When it comes up in drive, click "Open in Google My Maps" at the top of the page. (You may have to be signed into Google for this to work properly.)

Holy Smokes, the wonders of the incanet! Thx again

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ

I added these tracks to my map! Some of it was already on there but we're gong to have to do several trips there in the future to check it all out. Thanks!

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Well, the trip is coming up soon. I upgraded my front coilovers and I'm doing a little shake down run this weekend with a group of other Xterras near Woodstock, Va.

Gonna start checking out gear and packing soon. Thanks for all the help with the maps and info on the area everyone!

hlpressley

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Indian Trail, NC
Member #

Sounds like a really fun trip! My wife and I are planning something similar closer to the Fall with the occasional day trip between now and then. Love that area!

4WLO

Rank 0

Traveler I

Just imported the file into LocusPro. THANKS!
Had a few of these planned/routed out but not as one route.
Not sure what I did when I imported it though. It saved the route line with the details I gave it but it seems to have created a waypoint at every instance your device saved trip data.
LOL, now I have a route with a gagillion arrows on it.

justjames

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Member #

Just imported the file into LocusPro. THANKS!
Had a few of these planned/routed out but not as one route.
Not sure what I did when I imported it though. It saved the route line with the details I gave it but it seems to have created a waypoint at every instance your device saved trip data.
LOL, now I have a route with a gagillion arrows on it.
Humm............. I can't remember if that was done on Gaia or Garmin. Either way, have fun!

Try this @Trailex

@TerryD , very cool! My wife and I live in Knoxville, but are from Sylva and have family in Newland. We are circling back to the overland setup as our kid is finally old enough and this map helps set up a Knox to Newland to Sylva circuit for multiple trips! Thanks!

SCtundra

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

mrytle beach
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Rea
Member #

Thank you so much I am planning a large trip around March or April and this helps a lot how long is this and how long did it take you and where did you camp thanks for your help again

PePe

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Pincourt, Quebec
Member #

Try this @Trailex

WOW! This is exactly what I was looking for! My gf and I where planning a trip down there in October. Is there a way for me to have this map offline on a Iphone? I am technologically challenged.

SCtundra

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

mrytle beach
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Rea
Member #

WOW! This is exactly what I was looking for! My gf and I where planning a trip down there in October. Is there a way for me to have this map offline on a Iphone? I am technologically challenged.
Gaia gps allows you to down load