9 Day Anniversary Trip (Arizona / New Mexico)

• HTML tutorial

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

Hey Everyone,

Brand new to the community here. Literally signed up 10 minutes ago. My wife and I are celebrating our 6th anniversary this month and decided we would take our first vacation in 5 years. (lot's of life happened during that time). We are going to get out of Texas for a couple weeks and head up to Arizona and New Mexico to dry off and explore the backcountry.

The first part of our trip is pretty well firmed up. We will drive straight to Sedona, spend a couple days their, and head up to the Grand Canyon to camp on the rim for a night.

We will then head down to New Mexico, this is the part of the trip that is still left open. The basic plan is to hit a few spots and kinda make it up as we go. We are looking at camping on Mt Withington, driving through Monticello Canyon, hitting White Sands, and stopping in at Carlsbad Caverns before heading back into the newly formed lake called Austin, TX.

Any Sedona and New Mexico suggestions you folks have would be appreciated. we leave on June 25 to start this trip. I will try to keep this thread updated on the travels when we figure out where we are going or where we have been.

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

Alright, the plan is set and we leave Wednesday night, assuming my lift kit arrives on Tuesday like anticipated and I am able to get it installed Tuesday night. They are calling for rain for the two days we would be at the Grand Canyon so depending on the forecast later this week things might get shuffled around.

The main places we are hitting over the 9-11 days are:

Sedona, Havasupai Point (Grand Canyon), Chaco Canyon NM, El Malpais National Conservation Area, Mount Withington, Monticello Canyon, White Sands National Park, and Carlsbad Caverns.

I am sure we will find other places to drop in on. I left a few days open just so we had extra time to go off script.

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

Sorry. Things got crazy when we got back. Just trying to figure out how to embed photos now so you don't have to click on every single attachment to look at them.

Test

*Edit: Nothing. I am going to need some time to figure this out. Unless anyone has some advice.

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

The simplest method is to use the BB IMG tag. Copy the link to your photo from your gallery. Then paste it between an IMG tag. In the following example, you would replace the { and } with [ and ].

{IMG}http://www.yourphotodomain.com/yourgallery/example.jpg{/IMG}
@cjones Here's some instructions from @steve above. Where are you uploading your images? Some sites will not "host" them for you and allow external viewing.

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

Test #2

Edit: Thanks for the pointer. The issue was that I didn't have a permalink. Can't just use the share link from the host site but need to generate the permalink. I used gdURL.com

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

I usually right click on the image and hit "copy img url". Then drop that into the entry.

Nice rig! Can't wait to see the rest of the pics.

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

17419 said:
Nice rig! Can’t wait to see the rest of the pics.
Thanks. That is pre-lift but with only an extra inch and a quarter it hasn't changed much. :blush:

I am going to start a new thread for the actual trip as I am a little ocd and sort of mucked this one up with my technical inability and questions. Michael OB #0000, you wont offend me if you delete this thread.