First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
First... YES!

Second, what kind of noises? Be more specific. They could be typical or they might be a warning of loose things about to go bad!

Is it the seat track? Is it in the back? Have you had trim pieces off the inside? Trim clips are notoriously cheap and should be replaced if they don't completely snap in place.

The LC is a bit rattly, but they can usually be hunted down and fixed, either with some tape, a new clip, or some dynamat or similar product.

Dan

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

One normal rattle to our 80s is the track in the sunroof. Try opening your sunroof and see if the rattles stop? You can tighten the screws to the track of the sunroof. That is where mine rattle is! Benz.

93 80series

Rank 0

Traveler I

The LC is a bit rattly that sound right or chattering feelings on dirt roads
If I go on speed bump the truck feels solid and no bouncy feeling with minimal body noise, but on rough bumpy road the truck feels stiff and noisy.
Does your cruiser feels tight or lose in body /trimmings fittings on rough bumpy . Truck drive flat,straight, smooth, solid feeling on nice well maintain freeway

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

The rattle sound sounds like something more than it is! But to answer your question, mine does feel tight and solid all the time. Just the sunroof rattle, and the drivers mirror shakes. I tightened up the mirror and it does it again soon. I love the way my 80 drives. Even out 4wheeling always controlled and a much better ride than anything I have owned! Benz.

93 80series

Rank 0

Traveler I

The rattle sound sounds like something more than it is! But to answer your question, mine does feel tight and solid all the time. Just the sunroof rattle, and the drivers mirror shakes. I tightened up the mirror and it does it again soon. I love the way my 80 drives. Even out 4wheeling always controlled and a much better ride than anything I have owned! Benz.

What about washboard driving? How fast you normally go on dirt road

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

About 20 seems to smooth things out. Now you are talking about my road home. We call it our fence, to keep all but the adventure people out!

shoredreamer

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Santa Cruz
First Name
Chris
Last Name
RRU
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6AZV
May need some new shocks. These are solid axle beasts that weigh a lot and have a lot of unsprung weight. They are not quite as rallyable as an IFS like most other 4wd trucks at speed. In the cab rattling on washboard roads can happen. My 93’ dash would shake and rattle badly on washboards at speed until I installed some better shocks. Also, check that your steering cover (clamshell) between your steering wheel and the dash isn’t loose or cracked.

93 80series

Rank 0

Traveler I

May need some new shocks. These are solid axle beasts that weigh a lot and have a lot of unsprung weight. They are not quite as rallyable as an IFS like most other 4wd trucks at speed. In the cab rattling on washboard roads can happen. My 93’ dash would shake and rattle badly on washboards at speed until I installed some better shocks. Also, check that your steering cover (clamshell) between your steering wheel and the dash isn’t loose or cracked.

I'm comparing my wife 1st gen 2wd sequoia
Vs my 93 80series