Enthusiast III

Ventura Ca
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Roosendahl
Member #

REALLY GLAD I FOUND YOUR THREAD!!! :)

My Wife Kathy and I have been working on our E99 F250 CC SB (2WD) now for 9 years, but only towards off-road/overland camping for year or so now. I will be spending some time going over your mods and up grades closely as we are DIY'ers ourselves! :)

I did pay to have the rear end rebuilt 4 months ago though as I changed out the LSD for a Detroit locker and the shock gearing for new 4:10 gears. I really like the new gearing and locker!

Now to the reading and catching up on your build! Daryl
Nice upgrades on the lockers and gear, If lockers were more of a DIY mod I would have probably done it by now but it will have to wait. These trucks make a great platform to start off with since they have so much room.

Teh_Viking

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Ventura Ca
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Roosendahl
Member #

@Teh_Viking - You sir, are a craftsman.
Thanks for the kind words. Here are some quick photos of the roof rack all bolted up. Ill have some better ones soon with it on the truck and some more close up pics.

The rack is made out of all 6061 and the 80/20 extrusion. It weighs just under 50 lbs without the hardware. So add a few pounds maybe for all the stainless. It sits about 3/4 of an inch above the shell so it had a super low profile which I'm trying to keep since the truck is 7 ft tall.

IMG_3083.jpg IMG_3084.jpg IMG_3085.jpg
IMG_3086.jpg

Teh_Viking

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Ventura Ca
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Roosendahl
Member #

The old latches for the drawers were breaking on me so I switched over to some Southco latches which are amazing.IMG_3182.jpg IMG_3173.jpg

Also added a piece of 1/2 inch plywood and some 18 gauge stainless to the tailgate to use as a cook surface.

Teh_Viking

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Ventura Ca
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Roosendahl
Member #

Finished product.

Added a 8ft ARB awning to the side of the rack and 2 Husky boxes from home depot on top, $50 - $60 depending on when you buy them. These worked out really well. The boxes do have a rubber seal on them so they are weatherproof, we went through some hard rain in them and no water leaked in. Affordable compared to other alternatives.

IMG_3201.jpg

CFTAdventures

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Falling Waters, WV
Member #

What are you currently running for tire size? Is the picture above 35s or 37s?

We have used the husky boxes for a long time and they have held up great! Perfect for keeping everything organized and makes for a quick get out of town for camping.

Teh_Viking

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Ventura Ca
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Roosendahl
Member #

What are you currently running for tire size? Is the picture above 35s or 37s?

We have used the husky boxes for a long time and they have held up great! Perfect for keeping everything organized and makes for a quick get out of town for camping.

They are a 36.5 x 13.50, I think you were running the same tire at one point the falken wildpeak, when I got them I needed something that would get some decent tire wear. what I didn't know is that at about %50 tread they would look like slick, I see why they released a new version.

Right now they measure about 35 inches worn down and mounted on the truck. I dont plan on changing gears because its nice to cruise on freeway at 70 and still get great mileage. Im hoping to change rims to a 17 from a 16 and get either the 35X12.50 or 37x13.50 Toyo MT

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

Haha I love all work your doing. I can basically copy and print it to my truck lol.

I 've been looking into upgrading my headlights without much luck. Everything so far is super lumens but throws it everywhere and ends up being dinner then stock. Running Sylvania bulbs now. Just curious if thos on the list.

To help I've been thinking about a 20 inch light bar spot/fog combo to run in place of the stock fog light location.

Reactions: Teh_Viking

Teh_Viking

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Ventura Ca
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Roosendahl
Member #

Haha I love all work your doing. I can basically copy and print it to my truck lol.

I 've been looking into upgrading my headlights without much luck. Everything so far is super lumens but throws it everywhere and ends up being dinner then stock. Running Sylvania bulbs now. Just curious if thos on the list.

To help I've been thinking about a 20 inch light bar spot/fog combo to run in place of the stock fog light location.
Yeah i don’t have much of any lumen output haha, holding my 1000 lumen flashlight out the window is more helpful.

Still waiting to upgrade to some 05 style headlights and run regular bulbs, hid or leds just put light everywhere into oncoming traffic, or do a retrofit which would be the best scenario.

Need a lightbar too, had a hook up on one but it fell through.

05 headlights would be the best upgrade without spending a ton of cash, ive heard the ones from 1Aauto are good for being aftermarket.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: stoney126

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

Yeah i don’t have much of any lumen output haha, holding my 1000 lumen flashlight out the window is more helpful.

Still waiting to upgrade to some 05 style headlights and run regular bulbs, hid or leds just put light everywhere into oncoming traffic, or do a retrofit which would be the best scenario.

Need a lightbar too, had a hook up on one but it fell through.

05 headlights would be the best upgrade without spending a ton of cash, ive heard the ones from 1Aauto are good for being aftermarket.

Hahaha no kidding with the flashlight. What's the retrofit kit? Was going the 05 conversion too, was eyeballing the one with led strip in em because truck rice.

Teh_Viking

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Ventura Ca
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Roosendahl
Member #

Hahaha no kidding with the flashlight. What's the retrofit kit? Was going the 05 conversion too, was eyeballing the one with led strip in em because truck rice.
The ones with the led strip typical are lower quality and the led strips seem to not last very long. I see them burnt out a lot around town.

The retrofit is where you take a projector lens and make it fit into a regular housing, google headlight retrofit, its not too easy.

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

The ones with the led strip typical are lower quality and the led strips seem to not last very long. I see them burnt out a lot around town.

The retrofit is where you take a projector lens and make it fit into a regular housing, google headlight retrofit, its not too easy.

Haha ya I was gonna skip those leds. Was going to go through a1auto for em as well as getting the 08 mirrors...heated of course :D

Teh_Viking

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Ventura Ca
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Roosendahl
Member #

Haha ya I was gonna skip those leds. Was going to go through a1auto for em as well as getting the 08 mirrors...heated of course :D
Yeah I still cant decide if I like the 08 mirror yes. Id like to drive a truck with them on so i can tell for sure. RIght now i have a original 2000 mirror on one side and a later model like 02 maybe on the other side. haha one swings both ways...

no need for heated mirrors where im at, we dont have a real winter.

DarrenD

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Orange County, CA, USA
First Name
Darren
Last Name
Delin
Member #

Love seeing this build! I’ve got a 2001 that we’ve done some work to but have so many more ideas now! Thanks for the thread!