DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Well the Bronco wasn’t working out and I have camping plans next year so so on to the next truck. Ended up picking up a Super Camper special F350. Simple build in mind. Bed rack with a ladder to put a tent and some night lights. View attachment 130515

She runs great, needs some new tires and basic tuning up, patch the cab up here and there. She’s good to go!
Looks to be quite a labor of love! Have fun!

Reactions: Aceconvoy

oldmopars

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Selah Wa
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Solomon
Member #

How wide are the 1 piece wheels you sourced? I am searching for a narrow steel wheel for my '66 K20 with the intent to run 235/85r16 tires.

I love the classics!
The stock 16in rims from the older trucks are 6in wide. If you get some wheels from a 90-2000's Ford Van, they are 6.5 in wide. They are stamped Accuride and I plan to put those on my Suburban.

Aceconvoy

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lynchburg, Virginia, United States
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Phillips
Member #

It’s been a minute! Corona really said screw your plans and left it at that. I’ve finally been able to start working on the truck again. I’ve gotten it towed to work and tinkering on my spare time!

Attachments

Aceconvoy

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Phillips
Member #

Around this time last year after I installed those lights the truck stopped running and cranked once and then she had it. I split her open yesterday and that timing chain was very much done. New oil pump pan gasket. So on. Still a ways to go but I have some plans during the summer I need the truck for so fingers crossed this year.

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

I almost bought this one a year ago. But in reality I have no need.
They were cool with a longer wheelbase to haul a 12' camper during the 1970s camping boom, plus an accessible spare since it no longer fit behind the axle.
Pretty sure they only came 2WD.

I shyed away mostly because it had the dead lead 400M.. which I have had 2 of.
You definitely got a better engine with a 360FE.

DSCN0407.jpeg

Last edited:

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

How wide are the 1 piece wheels you sourced? I am searching for a narrow steel wheel for my '66 K20 with the intent to run 235/85r16 tires.

I love the classics!
they will be 6" if they are stock Ford rims, same as the old split rims.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
It’s a shame we can’t post Videos, but as of Friday she came back to life! Still having an issue with the alternator not charging even after replacement of alt and voltage regulator.
I had to replace my auto zone alternator three times before I got one that worked. Same with starters, three in two year period and less than 3k miles of driving. If yours is not charging take it back and have them test it for you. A hassle yes, but that could be your problem from my recent experience.

Reactions: DaleRF

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
It’s a shame we can’t post Videos, but as of Friday she came back to life! Still having an issue with the alternator not charging even after replacement of alt and voltage regulator.
It may have something to do with polarizing but I don't remember the process.

Reactions: DaleRF

Aceconvoy

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Phillips
Member #

Well I narrowed the issue down to one of the wires in the harness for the alternator and voltage regulator so I’m using this as an opportunity to upgrade from the 1G alternator to a 3G alternator and get more amps for more accessories as well.

Attachments

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Well I narrowed the issue down to one of the wires in the harness for the alternator and voltage regulator so I’m using this as an opportunity to upgrade from the 1G alternator to a 3G alternator and get more amps for more accessories as well.
Great idea.
Good Luck!