Launch Member

Enthusiast III

SE Michigan
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Clark
Member #

Looking for a storage container that will fit under the factory cargo shelf in my 4th Gen 4Runner. Roughly 40" W x 20" D x 9" H. Main issue i have been having is finding the right height. Most products i've found are too short to hold the items i am storing. I'd appreciate any assistance (brands, sizes, model #'s).

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

Looking for a storage container that will fit under the factory cargo shelf in my 4th Gen 4Runner. Roughly 40" W x 20" D x 9" H. Main issue i have been having is finding the right height. Most products i've found are too short to hold the items i am storing. I'd appreciate any assistance (brands, sizes, model #'s).
I never found anything premade that worked for my needs either. I ended up modifying the drawer plans from @TheAdventureIndex. My drawers are about 35"x17.5"x10.5".

Boort

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

@Shake

Found a non-wood option that might work for you. Coroplast boxes. The USPS Uses 3 wall Coroplast for their Postal Totes. These totes are very resilient. I've not found any standard orderable versions in the dimensions you mentioned but 2 wall coroplast is available and larger HomeDepot and Lowes stores as well as online. You can fairly easily DIY the box you want.

Check out the howto videos and plans from Camping Kitchen Box Home as well as his loaded drop test to get an idea for working with this stuff and how it holds up to abuse.

Here is another how-to video for making a simple box with a top:

Boort

Reactions: Shake

Shake

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

SE Michigan
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Clark
Member #

Not handy enough to build my own. Found these on Wayfair. Waiting for them to arrive.

Attachments

Reactions: Boort

Shake

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

SE Michigan
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Clark
Member #

Thanks for all of the reply’s. I ended up with the totes from Wayfair. 2 side by side. Sorts and holds everything i haul. Can recommend them without reservation.

Reactions: Boort