Launch Member

Influencer II

Raleigh, NC, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
D
Member #

Won’t be able to attend this year. That’s the weekend of my sons first birthday. Maybe next year he can tag along if it falls on the same weekend. Bummed I’ll miss out. You guys have fun!

Jeffrey Dill

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Dill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4FOZ
Won’t be able to attend this year. That’s the weekend of my sons first birthday. Maybe next year he can tag along if it falls on the same weekend. Bummed I’ll miss out. You guys have fun!
Bummer. But congrats on birthday numero uno! :smile:

Reactions: JButtress

DintDobbs

Rank V

Advocate III

First Name
Daniel &
Last Name
the Vulture
I wasn't invited, but I could possibly make this trip happen. Got to research the area a bit, but from what I've seen and heard the views and scenery are nothing less than awesome.

Two questions though - how intense is the wheeling, and how much highway can be expected from campsite to wheeling? I'm down for any or all, just need to know whether to bring one all-purpose, or tow rig and trail rig.

@danwyandt And con the boss into giving me a second vacation this year... I've got it on paper, but that doesn't mean I'll get it in practice.

Last edited:

JButtress

Rank VI

Traveler II

Chattanooga, TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Buttress
Member #

I wasn't invited, but I could possibly make this trip happen. Got to research the area a bit, but from what I've seen and heard the views and scenery are nothing less than awesome.

Two questions though - how intense is the wheeling, and how much highway can be expected from campsite to wheeling? I'm down for any or all, just need to know whether to bring one all-purpose, or tow rig and trail rig.

@danwyandt And con the boss into giving me a second vacation this year... I've got it on paper, but that doesn't mean I'll get it in practice.
The trails are pretty easy. Maybe a 3 out of 10. In terms of drive time from the campground to the trails, maybe 15-20 mins? Maybe a little less. The difficult part will be if any campsites are still available that weekend, it’s a pretty small campground. All are welcome though!

Staticline40

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Fort Mill, SC, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Tebo
Member #

Service Branch
US Army Retired

You don't need a trail rig as the trails are fairly tame. You might want to bring a chainsaw as there may be trees down in some areas. I'm bringing mine.

Reactions: DintDobbs

DintDobbs

Rank V

Advocate III

First Name
Daniel &
Last Name
the Vulture
Noted! Don't actually own a chain saw, but I can move logs.

I'll see what happens, need to clear my vacation forms before any thing else. Will notify once determined whether or not I can attend.

danwyandt

Rank VII
Investor

Trail Mechanic III

Burnsville, NC, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Wyandt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRTJ513
I wasn\'t invited, but I could possibly make this trip happen. Got to research the area a bit, but from what I\'ve seen and heard the views and scenery are nothing less than awesome.

Two questions though - how intense is the wheeling, and how much highway can be expected from campsite to wheeling? I\'m down for any or all, just need to know whether to bring one all-purpose, or tow rig and trail rig.

@danwyandt And con the boss into giving me a second vacation this year... I\'ve got it on paper, but that doesn\'t mean I\'ll get it in practice.
Congrats!
I missed the post - went on the UP/Michigan run. Had no cell for most of the trip - that was good.
-Dan

Reactions: DintDobbs

DintDobbs

Rank V

Advocate III

First Name
Daniel &
Last Name
the Vulture
@danwyandt Nice, those tend to be the best trips! A visit to Michigan is in my lifetime goals, I've got some folks from up there. Sorta want to say I did it in the winter, but common sense says do it in the summer.

This SC trip seems pretty tame; hopefully we'll spend a lot of time sightseeing and a little time spotting, ha ha.

Last edited:
Reactions: danwyandt

DintDobbs

Rank V

Advocate III

First Name
Daniel &
Last Name
the Vulture
Looks like I'm free and clear, definitely looking forward to this trip!

Reactions: danwyandt

danwyandt

Rank VII
Investor

Trail Mechanic III

Burnsville, NC, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Wyandt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRTJ513
I have to bow out.
I was just informed of my required attendance for my granddaughters 6th birthday party.

I was also reminded of how much more fun I will be having at the trampoline park wrangling 16, 4 to 7 yr. olds then riding around some dusty old trails.

Yea.

DintDobbs

Rank V

Advocate III

First Name
Daniel &
Last Name
the Vulture
@danwyandt Too bad on one hand, but on the other, at least you get a chance to live it up one more time! Be there for the little lady, you only turn 6 once!

Jeffrey Dill

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Dill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4FOZ
Is anyone bringing their dog(s) with them? Just trying to figure out whether or not I should bring Andy since he can be kind of a turd around other dogs sometimes.