South Carolina, USA
First Name
CJC
Last Name
CJC
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4BMJ
Welcome again. So what are your plans on modifying your Rig?
Plans vs Dreams!

Plans:
Husky All weather mats for sitting area
CanvasBack for the Cargo area for my hairy child(no relation to Esaw)
Interior lights to LED and get dimmer vanity lights as those will blind you.
LFD cross bars
Yaesu FTM-400DR
General Grabber AT2 285/70/R17 when the current tires run dead
DashCam
Deep Cycle Battery
Fire Extinguisher x2
Maxtrax

Dreams:
C4 Lo Pro front bumper
C4 Rear Bumper w/ swing arm
Warn 10k Winch
Factor 55 Fairlead
Factor 55 Multipoint Flat Link
Molle Rack
OnBoard Air Compressor (convenience)
Dual Battery (convenience)
Some type of suspension
Max 2.5" lift
Upgraded Wheels that are different
Recovery Kit
GoPro so I can record my trips
Awning
RTT

All that I can think of off the top of my head

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Plans vs Dreams!

Plans:
Husky All weather mats for sitting area
CanvasBack for the Cargo area for my hairy child(no relation to Esaw)
Interior lights to LED and get dimmer vanity lights as those will blind you.
LFD cross bars
Yaesu FTM-400DR
General Grabber AT2 285/70/R17 when the current tires run dead
DashCam
Deep Cycle Battery
Fire Extinguisher x2
Maxtrax

Dreams:
C4 Lo Pro front bumper
C4 Rear Bumper w/ swing arm
Warn 10k Winch
Factor 55 Fairlead
Factor 55 Multipoint Flat Link
Molle Rack
OnBoard Air Compressor (convenience)
Dual Battery (convenience)
Some type of suspension
Max 2.5" lift
Upgraded Wheels that are different
Recovery Kit
GoPro so I can record my trips
Awning
RTT

All that I can think of off the top of my head
Great list. It's a process that hopefully doesn't drain your proceeds in which you will profit. Or something like that. :joycat: My first mods were tires and lifts. Look forward to seeing your build thread. :sunglasses:

Retinens803

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

South Carolina, USA
First Name
CJC
Last Name
CJC
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4BMJ
Once I get the mats I will start the thread. I am trying to pay the thing off super aggressively. Therefore it may take some time for the thread to come to fruition.

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

H60Flyer

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

NC, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Wolfen
Member #

View attachment 82266

As of now still driving my 16’ TRD PRO

Love it so much I placed a deposit on a 2019. It’s been stuck in Port since 1/4. Hopefully it’ll clear customs soon. Then I’ll start the build. Trying to prioritize wants verse needs. So hard!
What mods you plan on doing to your 19 Pro? I had to wait 2.5 months which felt like 2.5 years. You get it yet?

Jeepinit

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Mateo, CA, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Bright
Member #

What mods you plan on doing to your 19 Pro? I had to wait 2.5 months which felt like 2.5 years. You get it yet?
Hey there, placed the order 12/8. I should see it first week in Feb. I hope! It’s been in Port fir 15 days tomorrow and my Dealer said average time in Port is 16-19 days. I’ll have to wait another 7-10 days after it is shipped.

This week I’m ordering a Prinsu and Sliders. “ still trying to figure out which sliders to pick up” Still working on the build. Trying to sort out wants vs needs. Take a look at the pic of my favorites. That’s just a partial list. Ha! I’ll post a build thread once I receive it. The goal is to have the rack and sliders before I pick the vehicle up.

Attachments

Reactions: H60Flyer

H60Flyer

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

NC, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Wolfen
Member #

Hey there, placed the order 12/8. I should see it first week in Feb. I hope! It’s been in Port fir 15 days tomorrow and my Dealer said average time in Port is 16-19 days. I’ll have to wait another 7-10 days after it is shipped.

This week I’m ordering a Prinsu and Sliders. “ still trying to figure out which sliders to pick up” Still working on the build. Trying to sort out wants vs needs. Take a look at the pic of my favorites. That’s just a partial list. Ha! I’ll post a build thread once I receive it. The goal is to have the rack and sliders before I pick the vehicle up.
Good copy on all! Mine came into port (VA) and it took just a few days for the dealership to call me to come get it....about a week ahead of schedule. I'm up to a whopping 500 miles now. This is my first 4runner and I love it. I look fwd to seeing your mods!
-JohnIMG951064.jpeg20181212_161654.jpeg

Jeepinit

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Mateo, CA, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Bright
Member #

Good copy on all! Mine came into port (VA) and it took just a few days for the dealership to call me to come get it....about a week ahead of schedule. I'm up to a whopping 500 miles now. This is my first 4runner and I love it. I look fwd to seeing your mods!
-JohnView attachment 82347View attachment 82348
-JohnView attachment 82347View attachment 82348
I hope mine arrives early. I was llucky with my 16. I found it on a lot and was the first one to ask about. Drove it home a couple hours later. I understand why you enjoy it so much! Mine has been phenomenal in the snow and fishing trips. I smile every time I get in it. After seeing your pics I’m itching for my SW! What plans do you have for yours?

H60Flyer

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

NC, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Wolfen
Member #

I hope mine arrives early. I was llucky with my 16. I found it on a lot and was the first one to ask about. Drove it home a couple hours later. I understand why you enjoy it so much! Mine has been phenomenal in the snow and fishing trips. I smile every time I get in it. After seeing your pics I’m itching for my SW! What plans do you have for yours?
I smile too and stare at it as I walk away from it, lol. I stopped to take a picture today down a long farm road by my house and as I was leaving a guy rolled up to me in an older 4runner. He said he was cruising on by and happen to look down the road and noticed my truck. He flipped a u-turn to come say hello and check it out. He had an ARB rooftop tent and a few other mods. Pretty cool offroad community that I never knew existed. As far as mods, I love White Knuckle Sliders so I plan to go that route. I'm starting with all the small things first just so I can comfortably putt around before getting serious. Things like first aid, fire ext, storage, updated camping gear, compressor, recovery gear, etc. I'm typically the type to buy everything at once but I want to enjoy all this and take my time researching. [emoji2] Simply%20HDR_1547841844021.jpeg

H60Flyer

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

NC, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Wolfen
Member #

Lol, that's one heck of a favorites tab. Love it

Jeepinit

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Mateo, CA, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Bright
Member #

I smile too and stare at it as I walk away from it, lol. I stopped to take a picture today down a long farm road by my house and as I was leaving a guy rolled up to me in an older 4runner. He said he was cruising on by and happen to look down the road and noticed my truck. He flipped a u-turn to come say hello and check it out. He had an ARB rooftop tent and a few other mods. Pretty cool offroad community that I never knew existed. As far as mods, I love White Knuckle Sliders so I plan to go that route. I'm starting with all the small things first just so I can comfortably putt around before getting serious. Things like first aid, fire ext, storage, updated camping gear, compressor, recovery gear, etc. I'm typically the type to buy everything at once but I want to enjoy all this and take my time researching. [emoji2] View attachment 82414
That’s great! It’s funny, folks often
stop me to ask about the 4Runner. I have my 16’ up for sale and my phone is blowing up. I’m glad to hear you Are thoroughly enjoying it!

Great pic! I’m feeling that itch again for mine!! I’ll definitely post a pic as soon as I pick it up from the Dealer. I’m traveling 175 miles to pick it up so I don’t pay the outrageous markup here in California.

Retinens803

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

South Carolina, USA
First Name
CJC
Last Name
CJC
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4BMJ
Nice! You must have washed it before you went out. :sunglasses:
Haven't drove it much since I got it and it is raining today as well. I was waiting for the factory skids to come in. So it was still clean and the road we went down was paved. All the side roads were closed due to the shutdown.

How do I get my picture in my post like those above?

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Haven't drove it much since I got it and it is raining today as well. I was waiting for the factory skids to come in. So it was still clean and the road we went down was paved. All the side roads were closed due to the shutdown.

How do I get my picture in my post like those above?
It's a hit or miss sometimes with the pics uploading. Mine sometimes upload fine and some just show the weird icon. Trust me, it's not you. I believe the web team knows about it. The good thing is that you still can view the pics.

Reactions: Retinens803

H60Flyer

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

NC, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Wolfen
Member #

That’s great! It’s funny, folks often
stop me to ask about the 4Runner. I have my 16’ up for sale and my phone is blowing up. I’m glad to hear you Are thoroughly enjoying it!

Great pic! I’m feeling that itch again for mine!! I’ll definitely post a pic as soon as I pick it up from the Dealer. I’m traveling 175 miles to pick it up so I don’t pay the outrageous markup here in California.
That's a good plan. I'm constantly looking at dealer prices and it amazes me how much the markup is out there. I drove 70 miles myself and passed 3 Toyota dealerships but I got a SMOKIN' deal which made it worth it. Can't wait to see it. I volunteer to walk our puppy every hour just so I can do a lap around mine..... Is that sad, lol? I also spent most of the day researching front bumpers/winches. This is going to be so much fun once I can start the trips.

Jeepinit

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Mateo, CA, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Bright
Member #

That's a good plan. I'm constantly looking at dealer prices and it amazes me how much the markup is out there. I drove 70 miles myself and passed 3 Toyota dealerships but I got a SMOKIN' deal which made it worth it. Can't wait to see it. I volunteer to walk our puppy every hour just so I can do a lap around mine..... Is that sad, lol? I also spent most of the day researching front bumpers/winches. This is going to be so much fun once I can start the trips.
LOL. Nope! Not sad at all! Honestly I’ve found it INSANE with all of the options with the current products. It does make it tons of fun. Enjoy it! I think my 16’ may be sold. The potential buyer wants a mechanic to look at it. As long as it passes his inspection I’m going to have to say goodbye. Ugh. Without a 4Runner for a couple weeks will be strange. Let me know which way you’re leaning on front & rear bumpers I’m thinking CBI right now. I almost pulled the trigger on CBI Sliders last night. I think I’ll order them tomorrow. So Hard to make a decision!

Last edited: