Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

which I'm not sure I believe
There are always insignificant differences, like options, which change how a vehicle sits, rides. Plus manufacturing tolerances which make insignificant differences between units. Plus just wear and tear which changes things by insignificant margins.

Insignificant until you do after market changes which affect clearances, ride height, bounce, rebound, articulation.

The easy fix is adjusting the steering stops.

GMoney

Rank I

Enthusiast I

SoCal
To the OP, what are your alignment specs? I have a 5th Gen 4Runner and I read on that 4Runner.org web site frequently and for your size tires I am surprised you are not getting rubbing on the body mount (hence body mount chop is what they talk about). Also, for your lift I am surprised you did not already change your UCA just to maintain enough caster to keep the drive characteristics from getting all "darty". I have stock size tires but aftermarket wheels and my scrub radius sticks out more and I get rubbing on the mud flaps but I bought AFM replacement mud flaps to solve that. For your UCA rub, perhaps the camber is off and causing the wheel to stick inward more toward the top.

Pavement Warrior

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Santa Rosa, CA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Lund
Member #

Toyech on lifts with out UCA recommends:

Tire/Wheel Fitment:
  • OEM Wheels and Tires may require wheel spacers for proper fitment.
  • For Aftermarket Wheels, we recommend 8"-8.5" Wide Wheels with 4.5" to 4.75" backspacing.

on kits with UCAs they usually say stock wheels will fit.

So UCAs or wheels with more offset. To help you spends more, grab a pair of TRD wheels and some Icon UCAs. Victory!