• HTML tutorial

standard_rig

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Catskill, NY, USA
Member #

Hey all,

New to this, and new to proper overland builds. Previously, I had an '89 4Runner and took that all over Mexico and Guatemala for a few years. I was hooked ...

1548151_10152119977507626_109348556_o.jpg

So this year in May I found a nice rust-free, pristine '98, I went for it. Manual trans, supercharged with 155k miles, and babied really well. It lived in Colorado and Arizona, and ended up at an auction after being traded in by its third (very short-term) owner after coming across to the east coast. So, it needed a little love and care, but got all those internal fixes done and started in on the armor and upgrades early September, with an aim to make it a mini outback land cruiser.

The second photo is what it looks like this week, ready for the big winter trip out west. Meantime, I'm just watching my bank account and mpg shrink while my smile gets bigger and bigger.

Thanks in advance to everyone on here for helping me get on track to overland properly.

THE NEW ADDITIONS:
ARB bull bar
Warn 8000 winch
Baja Rack standard basket
CBI rock sliders
CBI swingarm rear bumper with led and camp table
OME 883 front, 961 long travel rear (with panhard drop and brake cable extension)
Auxbeam 7" LEDs
Ironman 4x4 awning
CVT Shasta Extended stargazer
Duratrac 265/75r16's
16x7 Steelies

truck.jpg FullSizeRender.jpg truck2.jpg

standard_rig

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Catskill, NY, USA
Member #

Nice rig! Working on a 2002 sport myself. Question, was the rear bumper special order/custom? All of the CBI's I have seen have tire mounted higher, and angled?

Cheers

BC

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
I know it ... I was expecting an angled spare, but this was a standard build - nothing custom about it.

As for height, that's adjustable (and can go much higher), as is distance out from the rig to accommodate different tire/wheel combos. But yeah - I'm still trying to figure out whether I'm happy or sad about the lack of angle.