US Rocky Mountain 3rd Annual Buena Vista June Jam (Colorado Front Range)

• HTML tutorial

old_man

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra
Do you guys stay in an organized campground and work from there? I have worked with NAXJA and done Buena Vista for a week for almost 20 years. Lots of neat trails but it has gotten a bit stale having run most over a dozen times.

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Do you guys stay in an organized campground and work from there? I have worked with NAXJA and done Buena Vista for a week for almost 20 years. Lots of neat trails but it has gotten a bit stale having run most over a dozen times.
This particular event has a base camp because people arrive at all different times.

We run it early in the season because if the high elevation trails are closed we can still do the Four Mile area.

I'd welcome any recommendations you might have.

Reactions: trail_runn4r

darjo242

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Show Low, AZ
First Name
Darryl
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7HLL
Count me in Neal, Just got to a computer to RSVP since I couldn't get through to the Rally Point on my phone. Time off already requested.

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Count me in Neal, Just got to a computer to RSVP since I couldn't get through to the Rally Point on my phone. Time off already requested.

Great!

Are you running the latest version of the OB1 app?

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW

darjo242

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Show Low, AZ
First Name
Darryl
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7HLL
That's the "tent"ative plan, but I'm always examining our options.
Well let me know as I can get out a few days before hand to stake claim to the spot. If all goes to plan, I should be off from May 27th to June 16th and am looking at around 2 weeks in the CO area fishing, camping & brewery hoping.

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
That's the "tent"ative plan, but I'm always examining our options.
Well let me know as I can get out a few days before hand to stake claim to the spot. If all goes to plan, I should be off from May 27th to June 16th and am looking at around 2 weeks in the CO area fishing, camping & brewery hoping.
I will definitely take you up on that!

Reactions: darjo242

Enthusiast II

Longmont, CO, USA
First Name
H
Last Name
LeBrew
Member #

Hello Everyone! Another noob here. We'll see y'all there! So is it there a strict schedule, with two nights camping? Is there a specific trail? How does this work exactly? Probably total noob questions, I know.

Thanks!

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Hello Everyone! Another noob here. We'll see y'all there! So is it there a strict schedule, with two nights camping? Is there a specific trail? How does this work exactly? Probably total noob questions, I know.

Thanks!
Welcome!

Those are perfectly legitimate questions. I'm a little behind on posting the details. Thanks for the reminder!

This will be a base camp scenario with folks staying from 1-3 nights. looks like we'll have enough folks coming that will try to have at least two Trail options for each day. We're also working towards some additional things, but is too soon to elaborate.

Be sure to follow this thread.

Enthusiast II

Longmont, CO, USA
First Name
H
Last Name
LeBrew
Member #

Sounds great! Thanks Neal! I'm also curious about the elevation(s), and how cold it will get at night for camping. Looking forward to learning more details.