US Rocky Mountain 3rd Annual Buena Vista June Jam (Colorado Front Range)

• HTML tutorial

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

Sounds great! Thanks Neal! I'm also curious about the elevation(s), and how cold it will get at night for camping. Looking forward to learning more details.
@HRunner

If we stay in a similar spot as the first event we'll be at about 9000-9200 feet. Temps are generally in the mid 30's at night and mid 70's during the day. But could just as easily snow or be in the 90's. (Possibly both in the same 24 hour period :D )

Boort

Enthusiast II

Longmont, CO, USA
First Name
H
Last Name
LeBrew
Member #

@HRunner

If we stay in a similar spot as the first event we'll be at about 9000-9200 feet. Temps are generally in the mid 30's at night and mid 70's during the day. But could just as easily snow or be in the 90's. (Possibly both in the same 24 hour period :D )

Boort
Thanks Boort. That's about what I was expecting, but good to know. Should be good!

runswithscissors

Rank III

Advocate I

Arkansas, USA
First Name
phillip
Last Name
bonds
@HRunner

Boort

HA! i was waiting for you to add hurricane's and tornado's to the mix as well!

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

We (wife and I) are at least planning on being there first thing 8:00 a.m. Saturday morning to join in on Saturday trail runs. I would like to leave right after work Friday but I'm not the one who has to work so might be asking to much. We plan on heading to Ouray first thing Sunday morning for a few nights (hoteling it) so we can explore the towns of Ouray and Telluride. It will be nice to see everyone and meet new friends.

darjo242

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Show Low, AZ
First Name
Darryl
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7HLL
Neal,

Any updates on trails being run or activities planned for the weekend?

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
I'm in discussion with a couple guys at this very moment about potential program topics to add some variety.

My goal is to have trail info up today if life will stop interrupting.

darjo242

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Show Low, AZ
First Name
Darryl
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7HLL
I'm in discussion with a couple guys at this very moment about potential program topics to add some variety.

My goal is to have trail info up today if life will stop interrupting.
Perfect!! Will keep an eye out. I am assuming the high elevation mountain passes will still be closed by then seeing the amount of snow CO got this winter?

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
I added a little more event info today. Also, be sure to notice the poll at the top.

On an unrelated note, could I trouble a few of you to like/react to this post with something other than the thumbs up (if you're using a browser)? I'm testing something on the app.

darjo242

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Show Low, AZ
First Name
Darryl
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7HLL
Can’t wait!!! Looking to get to the camp spot on either the 1st or the 2nd depending on why I get into fishing wise prior to that.

Rick Louie

Rank V

Traveler III

Centennial, CO, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Louie
Member #

I'm sad. I'm going to have to miss this event after all this year. Promised my daughter to do some college campus tours and this is the only time we can both get away.

• Sad

SS308

Rank V

Advocate I

Cheyenne, WY, USA
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF7QFH
Service Branch
USMC
This particular event has a base camp because people arrive at all different times.

We run it early in the season because if the high elevation trails are closed we can still do the Four Mile area.

I'd welcome any recommendations you might have.
Neal, is there any chance I can be put on your mailer so I can be notified of upcoming events. I won't be able to make the June event (will be out of town) but would like to participate in future events.

Thanks!

Randy

Reactions: Boort

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Neal, is there any chance I can be put on your mailer so I can be notified of upcoming events. I won't be able to make the June event (will be out of town) but would like to participate in future events.

Thanks!

Randy
Randy,

The easiest way I know of to be notified of events is to choose the "WATCH" function on the related forum sections such as this one:

Make sure notifications are enabled in your profile. If you haven't tried the PUSH notifications through the OB1 app give that a try.

Sorry to hear you can't make it, BTW.

Reactions: SS308 and Boort

darjo242

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Show Low, AZ
First Name
Darryl
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7HLL
Neal,

Plans in place for me to be at the spot we camped at last year. Will be there mid-day on the 1st., will be coming up from Salida.

If anyone else wants to meet up early, I have a couple scenic easy trails marked I want to check out,

Iridium

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert CO: Ft. Collins Area

Influencer III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Aleem
Last Name
Qureshi
Member #

We will definitely be in attendance this year, looking like we wont be able to head out from FOCO until early Friday morning (doubt Dani will want to leave after work on thursday). This time camp set up wont take us any where near as long, and there might be a mischievous puppy joining us.