Galt, California
First Name
Markus
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DZM
I am doing this from my phone, desktop died on me. So this I bit harder to do for me.
GPS files will be uploaded this weekend.
We will be leaving Elk Grove on the 13th @3PM.
Comms data will also updated.
I am suggesting a pot luck on Saturday night. Bring your best camp meal.

Reactions: Keith Feighner

Keith Feighner

Rank IV
Investor

Enthusiast I

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Feighner
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SCS
Thanks for the update. The update states meet up time is 11am, but the front page states 2:30pm. Please let everyone know of the correct time, so there is no confusion.

Keith

Offroadtails

Rank VI
Launch Member

Steward I

Galt, California
First Name
Markus
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DZM
Thank you Keith. with the 4 hour or so drive, I want to leave at 3PM. So I think we should start arrive some time after 2:30 PM. This will give us time to top off the tanks and do a drivers meeting.

Offroadtails

Rank VI
Launch Member

Steward I

Galt, California
First Name
Markus
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DZM
Can we get a head count to see how many people will attending. Adults? Teens? Little ones? Pets?

Curt_JK

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

666 Florin Road, Sacramento 95831
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6QMH
I'll be at the meeting point at *11AM* if anyone wants to leave early. I would like to explore Masonic Mountain before sunset; so leaving at 2:30PM doesn't work for me.

Curt_JK

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

666 Florin Road, Sacramento 95831
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6QMH
Hey all, I'll be coming on this trip, but I'm coming from Modesto. Where and when can I meet you all?
How are you getting over the Sierra Nevada, through Yosemite?
I aim to get to Bridgeport about 3pm; then head up towards Masonic, with time to explore the sites along the way; find someplace to pitch camp and make dinner before sundown.
If that works for you, send me your phone number via the message system here.

Last edited:

Offroadtails

Rank VI
Launch Member

Steward I

Galt, California
First Name
Markus
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DZM
I'll be heading over through Sonora Pass. I'm leaving Modesto around 3pm. Hopefully I'll be able to meet up with one of the groups up there.
we should be arriving in Bridgeport about the same time. I will message you my cell number so you can text updates. What kind of comms are you using? This way we can head back to Masonic together.

4L_Warrior

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

East Bay Ca.
First Name
Ed
Last Name
Galvan
Member #

Safe travels to all who are attending this event. I was in Bridgeport, Ca. two weeks ago. Great stores and a bakery to die for there. Fuel up if you can before Bridgeport....fuel was $5.60 per gallon. I'll be monitoring the C.A.R.L.A. ham linked frequency if you need help. Great repeater system that works very well in that area.

Reactions: Offroadtails

Gary T. CLARK

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Tracy, CA, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Clark
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JVX
Hello,
I just was looking at the route and Google maps shows Bodie masonic Rd closed going into Bodie.

RubesF150

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Ruben
Last Name
Allen
Member #

I'll be at the meeting point at *11AM* if anyone wants to leave early. I would like to explore Masonic Mountain before sunset; so leaving at 2:30PM doesn't work for me.
Hey guys I’m going to be at the meeting point at 11:00 am with Curt with my teenage son to get a early start.