West Row, Bury Saint Edmunds, UK
First Name
Victor
Last Name
Hallett
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello, my wife and I are in the late planning stages of a month-long road trip where we will set off from the UK in the beginning of October. We are planning on getting as far east into Poland and Czechia as quick as we can as we have already been to Germany a couple times now then turn south. Our route will take us from the Krkonose mountains to the Zakopanes, south through Slovakia into Hungary. We will cross Hungary into Croatia and head towards the Plitvice lakes. Next we are heading towards the Dolomites in Italy by way of Lake Bled Slovenia. We will explore the Dolomites and Austria some before we continue towards Turin Italy. Next stop is Monaco and the south of France. From there, we will head across the Pyrenees mountains and Andorra. The last leg of the trip will be up the western side of France hitting Bordeaux, Mount St Michael, Le Mans and the Normandy beaches. We are looking for any and all tips, tricks & legalities that could help us on this excursion. We are experienced off-roaders and pretty decent at camping. This is our last big trip that we can do before we move back to the USA. A side quest of all this is to have the most traveled Jeep Gladiator in Europe Thanks ahead of time and follow the adventure Instagram!

Attachments

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi Victor,

Welcome to Overland Bound.

This is a great tour you are planning. You will see many beautiful areas. If I may give you a really well-intentioned tip, it is that you should not take on too much. Rather enjoy the time to stay in a place where it is beautiful or you meet great people. And be open for route and plan changes, you will certainly get one or the other tip from locals on the way, you like it somewhere particularly well or you are invited. and then it's a pity if your own schedule pushes you.

Enjoy the trip!

Greetings from Germany,
Bjoern

Reactions: BlackCatJT

BlackCatJT

Rank V

Contributor III

West Row, Bury Saint Edmunds, UK
First Name
Victor
Last Name
Hallett
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Thank you, Bjoern!

Yes, I agree that it would be better to stay in one location for longer, we do not have the time left here in Europe to make a second pass at this opportunity. We are on this side of the pond for a very finite amount of time and we are trying to make the most of this opportunity. We will be planning for the roads, locations, and weather to not go in our favor the entire time and will be adjusting as we go as we need to. This is a "once in a lifetime" chance for us and we are going to do the best we can in the time we have!

Thank you,
Victor

XC70_OVERLANDER

Local Expert Northern Germany

Navigator II

Hamburg, Germany
First Name
Thore
Last Name
Fahrenbach
Member #

Service Branch
Higher Education
Hello, my wife and I are in the late planning stages of a month-long road trip where we will set off from the UK in the beginning of October. We are planning on getting as far east into Poland and Czechia as quick as we can as we have already been to Germany a couple times now then turn south. Our route will take us from the Krkonose mountains to the Zakopanes, south through Slovakia into Hungary. We will cross Hungary into Croatia and head towards the Plitvice lakes. Next we are heading towards the Dolomites in Italy by way of Lake Bled Slovenia. We will explore the Dolomites and Austria some before we continue towards Turin Italy. Next stop is Monaco and the south of France. From there, we will head across the Pyrenees mountains and Andorra. The last leg of the trip will be up the western side of France hitting Bordeaux, Mount St Michael, Le Mans and the Normandy beaches. We are looking for any and all tips, tricks & legalities that could help us on this excursion. We are experienced off-roaders and pretty decent at camping. This is our last big trip that we can do before we move back to the USA. A side quest of all this is to have the most traveled Jeep Gladiator in Europe Thanks ahead of time and follow the adventure Instagram!
Awesome trip ahead. If you need a coffee stop in Hamburg let me know. I am more than happy to meet youse for a nice chat and some drinks. Also I would love to see your Gladiator.