Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

@S.L.O_X Very nicely put together! You and I were at many of the same spots. Where was the wooden structure at 2:47? ( Your son's photo just before that is great!)

My old dSLR didn't do video, and I never thought of it for anything other than the few waterfalls I grabbed. I'll have to think about incorporating video into my future travels now that it is built into the new camera.

Thanks for posting this,
Steve

Reactions: SLO Rob

GoldenStateAdv

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lompoc, Ca
Member #

@S.L.O_X Very nicely put together! You and I were at many of the same spots. Where was the wooden structure at 2:47? ( Your son's photo just before that is great!)

My old dSLR didn't do video, and I never thought of it for anything other than the few waterfalls I grabbed. I'll have to think about incorporating video into my future travels now that it is built into the new camera.

Thanks for posting this,
Steve
Thanks! Most of that was actually from my iPhone 6. Although my Nikon D3200 contributed still images.

Those were cabins on the shore of Hebgen Lake but were swallowed by the lake from the 1957 7.5 earthquake. If you're unfamiliar with this event, Google "earthquake lake" and "Hebgen lake earthquake"

GoldenStateAdv

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lompoc, Ca
Member #

Thanks for posting this,
Steve
Sorry, the wooden structure at 2:47 is the Oldfaithful Inn

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

@S.L.O_X Ah, the Old Faithful Inn was closed for the season by the time we got there. Looks huge inside! It is the largest log structure in the world.

Yep, I'd read about the Hebgen Lake earthquake