Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hey Kevin, Unfortunately due to the short notice I won’t be able to make it. Kallie has already dropped her vacation time for the middle of this months.

Reactions: Kjard95

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hey Kevin, Unfortunately due to the short notice I won’t be able to make it. Kallie has already dropped her vacation time for the middle of this months.

badmnky

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

PNW E. WA
Member #

Hi, I haven't been getting a lot in a few years so I'm trying to get more involved. I see there are 7 "spots" is that the number of vehicles? I have some buddies that we're talking about coming down from Spokane, I want to make sure I understand all the things. Also it says "lift, armor, etc" if my unmodified Rubicon going to make it, what about a discovery II, is a winch really necessary for this trail?

Thanks in advance, I don't want to jump in and miss understand on my first trip in years.

Sandpoint Steve

US NorthWest Region Local Expert
Supporter

Pathfinder III

Sandpoint, Idaho
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Marchiando
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7POE
Hi, I haven't been getting a lot in a few years so I'm trying to get more involved. I see there are 7 "spots" is that the number of vehicles? I have some buddies that we're talking about coming down from Spokane, I want to make sure I understand all the things. Also it says "lift, armor, etc" if my unmodified Rubicon going to make it, what about a discovery II, is a winch really necessary for this trail?

Thanks in advance, I don't want to jump in and miss understand on my first trip in years.
Don't want to jump on toes, but Kevin must be unavailable...

Typically, the rig limit it exactly that. Limited to 7 rigs this trip.

Your Rubicon and d2 should be just fine. Bring what gear you have, and we'll make sure you get there and back. I'm running a 4runner on 32s with only one locker, so you are most likely more capable than I am.

Start thinking Hawaii and seafood...
I'm planning on coconut shrimp and a fruity beverage.
This will be an exercise in glamping.

-Steve

Last edited:

Kjard95

Rank V

Influencer III

Lewiston, ID, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Jardes
Member #

Service Branch
US Army

Terribly sorry for the late response. A stock rubicon will be more than capable to make it down to the beach. The winch is more of a cautionary tool since we will be parked on sand, just in case someone gets stuck. If you have any further questions feel free to send me a private message or would be more than willing to talk on the phone more about it.

Reactions: Mitch&TigaB

Kjard95

Rank V

Influencer III

Lewiston, ID, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Jardes
Member #

Service Branch
US Army

Sandpoint Steve

US NorthWest Region Local Expert
Supporter

Pathfinder III

Sandpoint, Idaho
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Marchiando
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7POE
@Big Red Burb is most likely going to make it.
With the Big Red Suburban and the Sherpa Trailer!

Spoke with them last night, I think I have them talked into it.
They won't be able to make the 1:00 departure but should only be a couple hours behind and ready to Luau!

-Steve

Kjard95

Rank V

Influencer III

Lewiston, ID, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Jardes
Member #

Service Branch
US Army

They won't be able to make the 1:00 departure but should only be a couple hours behind and ready to Luau!

-Steve
Fantastic! Can you confirm that my GPX file is working? That will make it much easier for them.

Mitch&TigaB

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Medical Lake, WA, USA
First Name
Mitch
Last Name
Burright
Member #

Service Branch
US Air Force
Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy... We get to make this year's event!!! Thanks for putting this on again Kevin.
We've made a few upgrades since we last met, recover boards, hidden winch, extra tidbits and doodads.
See you at the rally point.

Mitch&Tiga

Mitch&TigaB

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Medical Lake, WA, USA
First Name
Mitch
Last Name
Burright
Member #

Service Branch
US Air Force

-Steve
Here are a couple photos taken during our overnight beach vacation.

Attachments

Reactions: Sandpoint Steve