Cancelled 2nd Annual Buena Vista June Jam (Colorado Front Range)

• HTML tutorial

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
I’m not sure what my problem is, Now I see your PM, but doesn’t show up?
View attachment 101838
Others, including myself, have had the same problem.

OB is due to release a whole new mobile platform this summer. In the meantime, my personal experience has been to use Tapatalk in lieu of OB Talk. It works way better in my experience. I also have positive experience with the mobile version of Chrome browser, but Tapatalk is much better at giving me real notifications.

Reactions: Jim SoG

Rick Louie

Rank V

Traveler III

Centennial, CO, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Louie
Member #

If there is interest in driving to 4-mile as a convoy, I would be ok with that. A good spot to meet would be in front of the Fort (restaurant) just north west of 285 and C470 on co.8 in Morrison. We can work that out closer to the 27th.
What time would the convoy leave from The Fort? I work that day so not sure how early I can break out.

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

If there is interest in driving to 4-mile as a convoy, I would be ok with that. A good spot to meet would be in front of the Fort (restaurant) just north west of 285 and C470 on co.8 in Morrison. We can work that out closer to the 27th.
What time would the convoy leave from The Fort? I work that day so not sure how early I can break out.
Rick, I was going to leave as early as I can. What time are you thinking you can roll out?

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
From CORE:

Trail Report - 6/11/19
*Please read the full report*
All of Fourmile North - Open
All of Fourmile South - Open
Aspen Ridge - Open
Chinaman Gulch - Open
Carnage Canyon - Open
Mineral Basin - Open past the Ptarmigan Lake Turnoff with heavy snow.
Tincup Pass - Closed due to Forest Order
Hancock Pass - Not accessible
Alpine Tunnel to Hancock Town Site - Open to Romley with snow.
Pomeroy Lake - Open for .5 miles with snow.
Grizzly Lake - Open past the first obstacle with snow on the road.
Mount Antero - Open for just over a mile with snow on the road.
Clohesy Lake - Open for 1.5 miles until major avalanche debris, see above photo.
Kelly Flatts - Open
T33 - Open
MSV - Closed for runoff

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
No problem, looking forward to getting out camping. Like @nichenke mentioned earlier, likely heading out on Friday.
That works! We only started the event on Thursday for a few of us to secure the base camp.

I noticed that you and @nichenke RSVP'd at about the same time. Are you guys friends and traveling together?

Enthusiast III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Huelsman
Still trying to work it out so that I can make it but wife and I drove back there to the gps coordinates today in my fill size truck (as we’re staying about 20miles away in twin lakes). Wife points to the side and says, that spot/area looks like a perfect place to camp and I said, well thats it according to the gps coordinates. If it is, great location picked.

And likes others mentioned, the Arkansas River is definitely flowing well with lots of rapids and higher than normal water level.