Cancelled 2nd Annual Buena Vista June Jam (Colorado Front Range)

• HTML tutorial

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

Here's a link to the few photos that I took.

If you have any photos and don't mind adding them to that shared album I would really appreciate it. (If there's any pictures of you and/or yours that you'd like removed, don't hesitate to ask.) @Rick Louie be sure to notice that one of those is a little bit of mud video. (For those that didn't attend, know that this was the only mud we encountered. It just happened to be one of the few spots that we got out and took photos besides the scenic view areas.)
@Neal A. Tew

Thanks for the Action Shots of my rig going through the mud! I've tossed a few in to the album. Likely more to come once I get time to stitch the panos together.

Boort

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Delux2769

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lakewood, CO, USA
Member #

Photo-dumped a good bit of pics into the google album... I'm pretty terrible at taking pictures, but here's the ones that came out that may be good for others to use.

We had a great weekend. Thanks!

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

I wished I had taken some pictures, but I was preoccupied with having such a great time! They are all special moments that are filed away in my mind, sorry I can't share them with the forum visually in pictures but I can't say it enough, it was a pleasure to hang with you all and look forward to when we can go again! Thanks David

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
For those that rode either Thursday or Saturday, you may remember some discussion about a section of the Big Sandy trail (376A) looking like some of it was on an old railroad grade. This was one of the first trails we did those days and was where we saw the stranded Chevy Impala.

Anyway, this is what I found this morning as I was working on my trail report at TrailsOffroad.com:

This trail is a connector route to the Lenhardy Cutoff Trail/FS 376 and is an access point for several additional trails in the Fourmile Travel Management Area. You can expect amazing panoramic views of the Collegiate Peaks Mountains and an opportunity to take in some of the areas history that won't disappoint. The trailhead is at the south end of Sleeping Indian, a rocky formation directly east of the Town of Buena Vista. The first section of the trail travels the old Midland Railroad grade. The Midland Railway was incorporated in 1883, it was the first standard gauge built over the continental divide. It ran from Colorado Springs to Leadville and through the divide at Hagerman Pass to Glenwood Springs and then on to Grand Junction. This trail also passes through a section of the Trout Creek Pegmatite Mineral District and offers a short hike to an old quartz quarry. Be sure to bring your camera and a pair of your favorite hiking shoes.

Reactions: JCarter

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

Google map photos have posted of the campsite location and mountain top.
Links for JCarter's 3d Streetview Uploads
Camp Site:

MilkyWay:

Bald Mountain:

Boort

Reactions: JDGreens

JCarter

Rank V
Investor

Member III

Firestone, Weld County, Colorado, United States
First Name
John
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0LRZ
Links for JCarter's 3d Streetview Uploads
Camp Site:

MilkyWay:

Bald Mountain:

Boort
Thanks, Boort.

The links may not work on your smartphone (they don’t work on my iPhone, I have to use the Street View App), but should work on a computer.

JCarter

Rank V
Investor

Member III

Firestone, Weld County, Colorado, United States
First Name
John
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0LRZ
@Neal A. Tew @JDGreens @Boort @Delux2769 @Cgtowns01 @David Green @Rick Louie

If you are board I added 400+ photos and videos to the shared Google Folder. :blush: If you use any of the videos, please mute the audio, I have not had time to edit them all.

Rick, did you also use a filter to help pop the colors of the Milky Way?

Also Boort & Rick, when is the overlanding Astrophotography tutorial trip going to be?

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

Also Boort & Rick, when is the overlanding Astrophotography tutorial trip going to be?
I have a meet up with my Photography friends this weekend to plan some outings for the rest of the summer / fall. Let me see what they come up with and I'll PM you. If that does not pan out maybe we can set up something where a few of us get together and go over the topic.

Boort

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Hello all you June Jammers,,

I went ahead and created a Rally Point for the September 14erFest in Buena Vista.

14erFest in Buena Vista, CO

I went last year and it's how I learned about the Fourmile area. Hopefully the mountain trails will be open by then.

I hope you all can make it!