Rank I

Traveler I

Summerville, SC, USA
First Name
Jesse
Last Name
Easop
Member #

New to the forum. And first time working with a pick up.

I have. 21 Silverado TB that I got the GM trifolding tonneau on. It's been raining sideways since the day I got it. Bone dry inside.

I'd really like to add a rack to the truck to carry a kayak and rod holders for this summer.

No need for it to carry a tent right now. To many of us to fit in one anyway.

Never had a pick up before so I'm lost on all these cargo systems.

Anyone know of one that would work and not look like garbage?20210225_121543.jpg

Reactions: PsychoNuts

OVRLNDFX4

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Erwin
Last Name
Namoc
+1 on the Xtrusion-overland xtr1 rack. I got it for my f150 and couldnt be happier. I went with a sliding cover from amazon and althought the fit was extremely tight with the standard width foot mounts it fit. Had i opted for the wide foot mounts it would have been a lot easier to install but needless to say im very happy with the the turnout.

Jaysop

Rank I

Traveler I

Summerville, SC, USA
First Name
Jesse
Last Name
Easop
Member #

That thing looks great!

Why would you choose the wide foot? It's hard to tell the difference on thier site?

Also what cover did you end up fitting with it?

Thanks for the pictures, makes visualizing it easier

Jaysop

Rank I

Traveler I

Summerville, SC, USA
First Name
Jesse
Last Name
Easop
Member #

i have have 2020 TB and I have a Peragon cover and am very happy with it. You can also look for the rack at XTR1 Bedrack. Works with a cover and hear nothing but good things
Does that cover cut into bed space when you're opening it?

It looks like it folds inwards instead of up.

I don't think it would work with my pelican 1660s

OVRLNDFX4

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Erwin
Last Name
Namoc
I wanted the rack to be a tighter fit on my bed. Meaning narrower. I got the jc win auto group sliding cover on amazon. Wider foot makes making a tonneau fit easier

OVRLNDFX4

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Erwin
Last Name
Namoc
I would say if you end ip getting the jcwin cover opt for the smaller width cover. They make 2 for fords. The more robust one has a T slot channel which would allow you to mount a certain type rack or other accessories to it. Mine is the “smaller” version. Much narrower. Hope this helps. Reach out to Alan at Xtrusion. Super cool dude.